Rat trike? repost pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg19/77viking/morepicturesII296.jpg[img]
[img]http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg19/77viking/morepicturesII298.jpg
morepicturesII021.jpg

morepicturesII302.jpg

Sorry about the last post, I'm still learning to post pictures( computers give me headaches).Anyway this is a trike I'm putting together so I'll keep you all updated.

I work at a sign shop and get to use the booth there. The company is moving to a bigger building with two spray booths so I should be able to get more of my projects done. right?

The tank was made with cardboard ribs to get the basic shaape, covered that with plastic wrap, pumped it full of expanding foam, then roughed in the shape with a grinder and finished it off with fiberglass mat and body worked it smooth. As for the rear tires/axle set up-------I made my own axle supported with 3 roller bearings and hubs that fit 6 holed chevy wheels and I will use a 15 x 8 wheel with 205 50 15 tires. As you can see it's painted black but I still need to air brush some flames.

[quote="viking"]The tank was made with cardboard ribs to get the basic shaape, covered that with plastic wrap, pumped it full of expanding foam, then roughed in the shape with a grinder and finished it off with fiberglass mat and body worked it smooth. As for the rear tires/axle set up-------I made my own axle supported with 3 roller bearings and hubs that fit 6 holed chevy wheels and I will use a 15 x 8 wheel with 205 50 15 tires. As you can see it's painted black but I still need to air brush some flames.[/quote]

You make it sound easy! .. You are an ARTIST....... Thanks for sharing the technique!

Awsome Trike Viking!Can't wait to see the finished ride! And either those pics are a couple of months old or winter has'nt hit your side of the hill! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
L8 EM

The forks were made out of a piece of 1/4'' x 1 3/4'' flat bar heated red hot and bent over a piece of round pipe to get the shape. Then I took a pair of forks and cut the legs off using just the top curved area and welding that to my bent flat bar.

viking said:
The forks were made out of a piece of 1/4'' x 1 3/4'' flat bar heated red hot and bent over a piece of round pipe to get the shape. Then I took a pair of forks and cut the legs off using just the top curved area and welding that to my bent flat bar.
Is that kind of how the old schwinn (and others I guess) forks were made?

mastershake916 said:
Is that kind of how the old schwinn (and others I guess) forks were made?

im pretty sure the older schwinn "blade" forks were cast from the looks of em (liquid metal filled into a mold), the newer style "blade" forks look to be tube metal thats been flattened and bent to shape tho.

Latest posts

Back