RAT SALAD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay all here it is i picked a frame from the pile out back i'm not sure what make it is, i'm thinkin hawthorne by the shape of the headbadge pattern and screw holes on the paint, but i like the 2 speed OG shifter
my bike will be called Rat Salad after a Black Sabbath song
ratbikeproject.jpg

Great start, the shift is worth a lot of $$! It might help to pay for the rest of the parts...LOL

Progress has been made!!!!painted the frame and amenities and did a mock up
ratbikeproject003.jpg
ratbikeproject004.jpg
ratbikeproject007.jpg

hey...no fair!...rustycrank has mad painting skills!!!(LOL).All jok'in aside...looks great...do you reckon your frame might be a Cleveland Welding piece? I don't know fer sure but it looks like it could be one,Pappy 8)

:lol: thanx thats one of my assistants , but she don't say much, and she works for free
murraymadman said:
awesome flames!!! the head haning upside down in the first chain guard pic scares me!! :|

Looks great! I also like the crash helmet and crutches in the background.

hi pappy i found the headbadge in the pile o'parts it is a hawthorne
Pappy said:
hey...no fair!...rustycrank has mad painting skills!!!(LOL).All jok'in aside...looks great...do you reckon your frame might be a Cleveland Welding piece? I don't know fer sure but it looks like it could be one,Pappy 8)

yeah i got a busted leg and ankle right now,i can't get to work but i can still build dang it!!! got me a computer chair and roll around the ol' garage, oh yeah and i painted my cast too check it out.....
ej599 said:
Looks great! I also like the crash helmet and crutches in the background.
cast.jpg

i don't know if i wanna stick with the boardy look i think the flames took away from that,maybe i'll go hot roddy,but heres a mock anyways, i am stayin kinda edgey and rough with her, leaving all the metal pieces,nuts and stuff pretty much raw etc ,don't want to make it too pretty , although there are alot of nice ones in the build off,i know i won't win but it's fun anyways, and thank god for hammertone paint!!!!!
rearview.jpg

a Hawthorn,eh? Most excellent...at least now I won't lay awake at night wonder'in! :mrgreen: Crank,just so ya know,I just slipped my S-10 into a envelope with a 1st class stamp of course so you can put some of your wicked flames on it for me!!! And I think I spy a '63-'64 Chevy II Nova in the background of the last pic,eh? My brother Alex has a "63 Chevy II 400 (no door posts or door window frame) with 63,000 original miles on it.I had bought from a friends grandmother with 36,000 mi. but traded to Alex for a '74 Caprice convertible which I totaled out...oh well!My Granpa drove a '64 SS Nova til the day he died...bought it new.
Boy,talk about gett'in off the subject...if I was to throw my 2 cents in I say hotrod style...Pappy 8) PS-if you want to sell that shifter in the 1st pic,I'd be interested...I have an old Bendix man.2 speed.

Good eye thats right it's a 63' 300 sedan,383 stroker,full roller,426HP,4 link in the rear,disc brakes,alum radiator,ceramic headers and a bunch of other goodies not related to bikes LOL!!!! :lol: , as for the shifter i think i'll hang on to it i think the rear hub to it is in the pile o' parts out back, and i'll be expecting the S-10 in about a week?? :)

10-4 THERE,GOOD BUDDY!!! oaky-doaky there Crank! Check out my build (!RATITUDE!)...I'd appreciate your opinion...Pappy 8)

Crank,I left a reply for ya on my thread...later,I'm off to work....Pappy 8)

okay guys and gals ,RAT SALAD is about 90% done!!!! I scraped the board bike look and went HOTROD , i used some touches of truefire & skulls on her, extra long fenders front and rear,found an old plastic seat base and airbrushed it,came out kinda cool looks leathery,left all the hardware as natural as i could for some original patina,blacked out the rims cause they were not very good cosmetically, balloon tire in the rear and a 1.750 in the front, i might put a taller ape on , let me know what ya think of my very first build so far!!!! after all i still have til august
ratbikeproject2012.jpg
frontfendermock.jpg
ratbikeproject2008.jpg

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu17 ... ct2016.jpg[/img]
ratbikeproject2014.jpg
ratbikeproject2013.jpg
ratbikeproject2009.jpg

Latest posts

Back