Rat Rod surfboards

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I liked how my surfboard rear rack came out so well I thought about making larger ones just for hanging on walls. Found a guy who could CNC me the Cross into the wood.

These are 1:2 scale (48X12) 1" thick out of maple (board), walnut (stripes) and oak (fin).

The little guy I found on fleabay, and re-painted him up zombie-style and kustomized his board to match the biggies, More pics at my blog.

Spin

2015rat0008-3.jpg

100_0425.jpg

100_0441.jpg

100_0458.jpg

When I seen the title I was thinking I bet a seal looks flat black to a shark. Lol

Awesome boards!

That's some nice work there. How much for one. I need one to go on the roof of my wagon.

Tell me more about the CNC and cutting the crosses into the wood. Where would I look around here to find someone who could do this? Was it a custom wood working shop? A machine shop? He did a beautiful job on the crosses. Also, did you make the boards? Gary

".....Tell me more about the CNC and cutting the crosses into the wood. Where would I look around here to find someone who could do this? Was it a custom wood working shop? A machine shop? He did a beautiful job on the crosses. Also, did you make the boards? Gary...."

Don't know too much other than i sent the guy a pic of the Cross i wanted, then he loads it into his high tech machine and it cuts the Crosses out. Weird how I found him though. I first found a guy who makes wood cutting boards on Ebay. I asked him to make me a board with the racing stripes which he did. Then I searched on Google to find a guy to cut out the crosses. I found a guy, but he had trouble setting up his machine to do the job. I mentioned the problem to my board guy and he said he had a buddy who might be abe to cut the crosses out. Turned out his buddy knew exactly how to do it.

I hope i can sell these things. I 've got 3 finished and 5 more on the way.

Spin

Why don't you put a set of wheels on one of those boards. It would make the coolest skateboard ever. Gary

Back