Rat / Rod Model Kit Bash Challenge 2023

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Model Bash: Davey's New Ride

My wife's a fan of the show. When I told her I was going to cut it up a little, she asked if I would make another 'Baby' for her. Now there are two :cool:

Got this far. Still need to paint the outer shells and do some cutting on one of them. Wind is blowing harder today than yesterday
20231029_085943.jpg

Sorry I don't have two model kits to bash, but I did manage to wheel swap some Real Riders onto this Hot Wheels '32 Ford last week. Hard to tell in this low resolution photo, but I also drilled out the zoomie pipes. I was going to wire the spark plugs until I counted five holes on each side :-(

RR.jpg

Front sway bar is difficult to release. I broke 2 of 2
Your not kidding.. trying to cut it where the part number was Pulaski was too thick going to the sway bar. That same spot you broke yours?
I snipped the other end first, and went to snip this in before snipping the middle. Way too much tree material.

I just went ahead and snipped it at the middle to see how that would have went and it cut smooth there.
20231103_094802.jpg
20231103_095606.jpg

Last edited:
Your not kidding.. trying to cut it where the part number was Pulaski was too thick going to the sway bar. That same spot you broke yours?
I snipped the other end first, and went to snip this in before snipping the middle. Way too much tree material.

I just went ahead and snipped it at the middle to see how that would have went and it cut smooth there.View attachment 251780View attachment 251781
Yup, broke both in that same spot.

Sorry I don't have two model kits to bash, but I did manage to wheel swap some Real Riders onto this Hot Wheels '32 Ford last week. Hard to tell in this low resolution photo, but I also drilled out the zoomie pipes. I was going to wire the spark plugs until I counted five holes on each side :-(

View attachment 251615
That's a cool looking street rod. Welcome aboard.

Back