Rat rod merchandise

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was thinking of what kind of stuff I wish they had as far as RatRodBikes Merchandise.
Decorative license plates with the RatRodBikes logo with the wheel. both automotive and bicycle size
ratrodbikes2.gif

License plate surrounds kinda like this
subpagehead.gif

Rat Rod safety flags?

What can you guys think of?

A safetyflag would be cool...

But...
intro_2.jpg

^ How about a deck of RatRodBike . Com - playingcards, with some extra jokers to put between your spokes...

I think a clothspin and a playingcard is THE ultimate add-on to hotrod a bicycle. For example, the cards with pictures (jack, queen, king, ace, joker) could be featuring the winners of the build-offs. Or other beautifull bikes from the galleries.

Maybe a full deck is too much. How about just one DELUXE laminated Ratrod-playingcard?

Great ideas guys, keep em coming. How about RRB watches?, headtube stickers? maybe a headbadge?, Iron on patches? seat covers?

I think all of the forum members can come up with lots of cool ideas, but in the end 'the market' will be too small for specific merchandise, I guess... It cost a lot of money if you want to produce in small quantities. Shirts and simple stickers are do-able, you know, stuff that everybody likes.

But it's fun to see other members come up with ideas.
You'll never know...

herr_rudolf said:
I think all of the forum members can come up with lots of cool ideas, but in the end 'the market' will be too small for specific merchandise, I guess... It cost a lot of money if you want to produce in small quantities. Shirts and simple stickers are do-able, you know, stuff that everybody likes.

But it's fun to see other members come up with ideas.
You'll never know...

I was thinking if we get enough people interested in a certain item maybe they will add it to the list. I know I can think of a lot of things that would be really cool. I think a head-tube sticker would be a very hot item, water bottles, and some other large stickers with the wheel and RatRodBikes logo. I can always paint a license plate flat black and put a sticker on it.

A couple of different style stickers for head tube , license plates etc. would be really cool. I have the decal on my bike and got lots of questions and feedback at the Rumblers hot rod meet in Brooklyn. All it will do is help spread the word of this great hobby of ours.
I few different style of stickers and the very talented members with their original ideas and the possibilities are endless.
How about an old school water slide decal that would be easy to distress and blend on the older rats?
Seat cover?

Chiming in now. :lol:

I've considered a lot of stuff over the past several years and decals are probably the easiest thing for me to produce. Heck, even with thousands of people hitting this site every day I can still hardly get 30 people to pre-order a T-shirt. I have a hard time understanding how some of these sites or groups can manage to keep an inventory of 5 or 6 different T-Shirt designs around. I remember seeing a table at one of those "Behind Bars" bike shows in California with all of these different shirt designs laid out for people to buy and I'm still not sure what these guys do...ha ha.

As a graphic designer I'd love to create a bunch of merchandise to sell to everyone, but the initial cost to have the stuff produced is rough...especially when you're on one income with a wife, kiddos and a mortgage.

Back to the decals....I can usually buy these at a relatively good cost and buy a decent quantity. I guess I need to come up with a few different designs to offer like a head badge or maybe one that could be used to create a license plate.

Just as a teaser...I'm working with my decal guy right now to produce these really cool stickers that Jeffry (herr_rudolf) designed for me...anyone interested? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

rustdecal_final2.gif

Ha Ha...well, for now I'll be ordering them a little smaller....5" x 3.5" to start.

We'll see how much interest there is in creating a larger size.

Exactly, I'm eventually going to get enough stickers to make it pretty impossible to not notice. One for the trailer plate, one for each side of the down tube, a water bottle with logo, custom head-badge, and I might even stitch it into the seat. I was trying to come up with a theme for a bike I am building and thought what could be a cool, popular, yet totally rat rod theme that everyone would love? I might enter it in the next RRB build off. Heres just my first drafts on frame design and overall look of the bike.
Mychopperdesign.gif

ratchopperdesign.gif

Rat Rod said:
Ha Ha...well, for now I'll be ordering them a little smaller....5" x 3.5" to start.

We'll see how much interest there is in creating a larger size.

5''X3.5'' would be the size of an index card right?
i would b interested in getting a few of these!

just let me know when they are ready.

rat rod,
I really like that logo, it would also be an easy screen print to do with it only having 3 colors, or a big vinyl sticker! I have a buddy here in tampa with a die cutter all set up for huge stickers. i could probaly use it for the afternoon and whip up some "large" stickers, If i get permission to use the logo that is :wink:
Also i just spotted a hat screen press in another buddies shop...

My decal supplier prints 4 color process onto vinyl and then his plotter trims them out.

I'm waiting to see if he can produce a proof of this latest design so I make sure they look good before I order 250 of them.

Back