Rat Rod Culture Spreading?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may catch alot of crud for this but Im a purist.I never did mutch customizing unless the bike was almost gone or the bike was built 100% from scratch.But yesterday I saw something that made me think. I live in North Platte wich is a fairy small town and their is only three bike guys (including myself). But when I was going to an appointment I saw a guy on a real nice flat black balloon tire bike with red pin stiping and ape hangers. For the first time I thought to myself "Is the custom bike culture spreading."

musclebikes said:
For the first time I thought to myself "Is the custom bike culture spreading."

Yes it is :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
and let's keep The Creative Juices Flowing..

I Love seeing all The Ideas and Tricks every Time I Log on here!
and Riding up to a Guy .....on His Version of a Rat Bike :wink:

musclebikes said:
"Is the custom bike culture spreading."

I believe it is.

In fact, the whole "Kustom Kulture" is spreading. Art, cars, music, fashion, tattoos etc.

On a related note, even though I'm not seeing nearly as many cruisers in the bike shops (compared to last year), I am seeing more out on the roads and pathways.

-Mp

I do not see very many custom/hotrod/rat rod bikes by me, Theres Derek and I, But thats about it, I mean theres a couple guys but i see them like once or maybe twice a month that is it. I ride my Build off bike daily.

ricksterr1221 said:
I do not see very many custom/hotrod/rat rod bikes by me, Theres Derek and I, But thats about it, I mean theres a couple guys but i see them like once or maybe twice a month that is it. I ride my Build off bike daily.

Around here it depends where you are. Not many cool bikes out in the 'burbs. The downtown and urban neighborhoods are where you see the most cruisers and customs. Places where people gather on warm summer nights are the best locations for riding and people watching.

-Mp

there are two ways to look at the spreading of kustom kulture. personally i always think the more the better. sure there are always going to be those guys who take a claped out car to a rod shop write him a blank check and say build me a ....... super clean rod but shoot it satin black. but even then you get to see a builder pour a ton of labor into something and come up with even crazier ideas than anyone has ever seen. or you have a guy like me who bought a 1500 dollar truck and is slowly making it my own with my two bare hands. in any case i say the more the better.

The only custom bikes i see where i live are mountain bikes (i own one) but it would be real nice to see more choppers, cruisers, and lowriders.

However there is a shop about 20 miles from me that only sells choppers and lowriders.

(its jayz cycles check it out)
http://www.chopperdome.co.uk/index.htm

Back