rat rod chapter/state meet/ride/show/swap?????

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so im a newbie to rat rod bikes but ive been around all kinds of car clubs snowmobile clubs vintage snowmobiles swap mmets of all kinds .this site is so cool and it seems to be nation/world wide and yes the computer brings us all together but i think there should be rides /meets and whatever that start from thise site and be like local chapters (this cant be a new idea but it was a new idea to me)we should have a member list by location and there should be like a chapter leader for a local and be in charge of tryin to get us together to see are hardware in person and like all clubs make friendships and have some fun. what do ya think????????has this been proposed before? this is just an idea and i have no idea what you folks think about it im open for suggestions and critisism. also i think it would be neet to see some of your guys sheds garages collections i know theres the gallery but usally just one bike one build i want to see some of you hard cores with multipal bikes and projects lyin around once again just an idea .love this site and im getin in head over heels i started with the fastback allready had a haro master now i got a line on a hurricane 5 and my buddy 40ishiawtha for doing some welding and some bodywork mud work on some fenders and a chain gaurd is giving me a bike that will be a perfect rat rod build some sorta tank bike he dosnt want (not old enuff for him )so im all in and i will post pics and text on my build as i go.also 40ish and i are going to build a radical rat rod this year (i hope time is short to many bikes to do)the ideas keep coming and a plan will be implemeted and we will share all the fun with ya all.ok let me know what ya think about my brain farts
MANGYCAT(misspelled my name when i regestered)(im a terriable speller thats why i work with my hands lol) :D

awsome link wish i was down there for some of that.seems established and im sure there are folks that go to some of that stuff and dont know about ratrod.com and wouldnt it be cool to be at events like that be the rat rod dudes i guess i want to see how many rat rod guys would like to start an event/ride/something from rat rod in minnesota :)

welcome mangycat, sound like your itchin for a road trip!!!! well you have 2 days to get to kansas city misouri for a great swap meet. saturday night pub cruise.
one day we will all get together ,i was just talking about something like that last night.
look up peddlers swap meet in events and i bet monday or tuesday you'll see picks.....

I'm in a similar boat as you Mangy. I'm curious if there are any bike swap meets/ junkyards/ etc. in the Twin Cities area to find good parts or projects. I would also be interested in getting a group of folks together for some rides around some of the city lakes or something. Sorry, all I have laying around for parts is a chrome Micargi frame and some leftover parts from my straightbar, so you probably wouldn't care to see my garage. :wink:

kool lets work on something a ride around the lakes would be great.look on craigs list tons of bikes in area perfect for rat rod.and if we get a ride together some of my local buds know of all kinds of bikes and stashes.do have any brand of bikes that strike your fancy

good news for minnesota riders. the 17th annual antique & classic bike show and swap meet is on sunday june 8 at the bloomington penn cycle. 2bucks admission. swap space 15 bucks bike coral 2 bucks.vender setup 7am open to public at 8am.its a cool show not really big but the more people know about it the bigger it will get.one more show coming up in may i will post after i get the flyer on thursday. hopfully we will see you out there.
Tim

So now that I see this post with a little more info in it, is this just going to be for older bikes? My new trike and Stingray Chopper will be frowned upon if I bring them?

MANGYCAT said:
ok so im a newbie to rat rod bikes but ive been around all kinds of car clubs snowmobile clubs vintage snowmobiles swap mmets of all kinds .this site is so cool and it seems to be nation/world wide and yes the computer brings us all together but i think there should be rides /meets and whatever that start from thise site and be like local chapters (this cant be a new idea but it was a new idea to me)we should have a member list by location and there should be like a chapter leader for a local and be in charge of tryin to get us together to see are hardware in person and like all clubs make friendships and have some fun. what do ya think????????has this been proposed before? this is just an idea and i have no idea what you folks think about it im open for suggestions and critisism. also i think it would be neet to see some of your guys sheds garages collections i know theres the gallery but usally just one bike one build i want to see some of you hard cores with multipal bikes and projects lyin around once again just an idea .love this site and im getin in head over heels i started with the fastback allready had a haro master now i got a line on a hurricane 5 and my buddy 40ishiawtha for doing some welding and some bodywork mud work on some fenders and a chain gaurd is giving me a bike that will be a perfect rat rod build some sorta tank bike he dosnt want (not old enuff for him )so im all in and i will post pics and text on my build as i go.also 40ish and i are going to build a radical rat rod this year (i hope time is short to many bikes to do)the ideas keep coming and a plan will be implemeted and we will share all the fun with ya all.ok let me know what ya think about my brain farts
MANGYCAT(misspelled my name when i regestered)(im a terriable speller thats why i work with my hands lol) :D

BREATH!!!!! AND STEP AWAY FROM THE MONSTER BFC.. :mrgreen: :lol:

speaking of rides Mackinac ride still on

Back