Rat Elgin moc up

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a 36 Elgin Oreole that I'm trying to get going this summer. This is what I have so far.
SH103754.jpg

rustyspoke66 said:
This is a 36 Elgin Oreole that I'm trying to get going this summer. This is what I have so far.
SH103754.jpg
I do like an Elgin! Yours looks fantastic so far. I'm gonna bet it'll be a blast to ride.
Sean

Wow, this should be cool - that's an awesome foundation to start with! 8)

both those bike are sicko. dream rides.

what do those kind of bikes sell for in concours condition. and was wondering if there is ever a bike show event of that period of bikes.

Nice looking Oriole, Monark springer looks good on it. Rather partial to these myself, still looking for a frame in better shape. Had a build thread but ATT stopped Worldnet so lost all my photo links.

Best example of one of these I've ever seen was on Ebay a couple of years ago probably as close to Concours shape as you're gonna find, some dude from Glendale or Pasadena had it started for $1800, don't think it sold but who knows. I copied his gallery for reference, note the shifter in back of the seat.

elgin1.jpg

elgin4.jpg

Bet it fetched a few bucks, only seen a couple of those ever on ebay, sort of regret not bidding the minimum on that Oriole. I've never seen one even close to that shape again especially with that option.

Update on My rat Elgin. I just stayed up a bit late to get my Elgin Rat ready for a ride later today. Ceck out the pics and I think I will take a nap.
SH104145.jpg

SH104144.jpg

SH104146.jpg

Latest posts

Back