Rat-Clunker-MTB-Sheldon Brown Find!!! 8/24 Update

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rat-Clunker-MTB-Sheldon Brown Find!!!

being that it's documented on the website, you GOTTA restore it.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
being that it's documented on the website, you GOTTA restore it.
Just what you need Dan, Another Restoration Project. So much for parting it out :lol: :lol:

Oh man, I would definatly replicate the bike in the picture. I couldn't picture it the way you were describing yesterday. The next step is to take it to shows when shes done!!! I see a trophy winner there.

Brian, since beers are dispensed in your garage and that seems where the two of you do most of your bike wrenching, I'm holding you personally responsible for Dan restoring that bike and not parting it out.

Well there is very little beer consumption in there. When I'm building my bikes, I can't take a chance of blowing my house up. It gets pretty crazy though. Yeah I'll have to pitch in now that Ive seen the picture and reviewed the history behind it. Thats a keeper. Now theres no promises. Theres not much I can do against a 7 ft guy sitting on a pink girls chopper :lol:

So, over the weekend, I had a few huge leaps on this project!

First, I was able to pick up the original tank and rear rack that came on this bike! A little rustier than the rest of the bike, but having more parts from it is just amazing.

Second, I was able to locate a rear hub for the bike. As in the photo, I needed a 3 speed, drum brake hub and thanks to Jim, I now have one. I can't thank him enough for helping me out with that! Just gotta find an appropriate set of wheels and I'm in business! I'm gonna have to put this in the "Builds" section soon!

Dan

hmmmm... Nothing personal Danno... I dont see what the hub-bub is with this bike? ya I know it was Sheldon Browns according to his wife. But honestly, please tell me what is the big deal :? Again, not trying to be a rude or anything?

Back