ranger rescue old mead bicycle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I FOUND THIS OLD MEAD AT AN AUCTION THIS PAST YEAR . KNEW I WAS GOING TO BUY IT SOON AS I SEEN IT. WAITED ALL DAY AT THIS AUCTION THEIR WAS A YOUNG GUN BUYING UP EVERY ANTIQUE THEIR OUT BIDDING JUST ABOUT EVERY ONE. HE WOULD LET THE JUNK GO BUT ANY THING GOOD IT WAS SOLD TO HIM YOU KNOW THE TYPE ANYWAY WHEN IT CAME DOWN TO THE BIKE IT WAS ME AND HIM WE WENT TOE TO TOE BUT I WAS GOING TO TAKE THAT RANGER HOME AND I DID .I GAVE MORE THEN MY WIFE CARED FOR BUT THEIR WAS JUST SOMETHING ABOUT THE OLD MEAD THAT I JUST COULDNT LET IT GO I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON IT OFF AND ON AND THIS WEEKEND STARTED TO PUT IT BACK TOGETHER I BELIVE THIS IS A 1934 MODEL....................
DSCN0877.jpg

DSCN0876.jpg

DSCN1139.jpg

yttfugiuhoij007.jpg

tin machine said:
glad to see such a wonderfull old bike that didn't get ratted out :D :mrgreen:
Well whats wrong with a rat? Isn't that the whole point of the site? :p
Very nicely done, I like it and if it weren't for the original looks we would never strive to change em up!
Good job

Fantastic Job. Glad it was you who could out-bid the young gun.

He must watch "Storage Wars"! :D

I really like what you did for this one.

Super nice bike! I see you have a dog leg crank. Do you think this bike came with a chainguard? In '34 many bikes had no guard, they weren't standard equipment for a few more years. Gary

THANKS FOR ALL THE KIND WORDS I ENJOYED FIXING UP THE OLE BIKE ALTHOUGH NOT TOTALLY ORIGINAL I SOMEWHAT TRY TO STAY ALONG THE SAME PATH ON MOST BIKES THIS ONE HAD THE DOGLEG CRANK ON IT WHEN I GOT IT. ORIGINAL MAYBE NO REASON TO BELIEVE OTHER WIZE I DO AGREE WITH THE CHAIN GUARD MOST DIDNT HAVE THEM BACK THEN LIKE THIS OLD PICTURES SHOWS THANKS.........
oldmead.jpg

Totally original or not you did a very nice job on the Mead Ranger. Men and women both would be proud to ride your bike. I do like original patina on bikes but have never liked rust on bikes or cars and I like the way you rebuilt your bike. :D

yes all the chrome was replated by precision plating of Quincy il. seems like that is what had cost the most to do. the paint is some what cheap just automitve enamel i work at a truck fab shop were i can do sandblasting for nothing a few parts from ebay or memory lane/maple island and time spent in the garage on weekends i have not riden the bike yet. i look foward to the 1st ride it should be great.

Latest posts

Back