Random Rodz

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 985 Here's a project that's in the works as we speak, a 51 Merc. This will be a true led sled, you can barely fit a small water bottle in the window openings. She'll sport a 427 ford side oiler in it. I'll post more pictures as The project advances.

Thats awesome, I always love seeing other mercs. I see your sled and raise you an o.g. 51. Not the best pic, but this was after we just got done doing kingpins and bushings. 49,000 original miles. Grandpa bought it in 1971 for $925 and drove it home from Missouri to Michigan.

in62oi.jpg

Tuck Tuck, great story. Love the picture, thanks for posting it. Are you saying it's yours now? Also, I will have other pictures soon, we have quite a few Street Rods, some complete, and some in different stages. When I get a chance I'll post more of them, I hope you like 32 Fords. I appreciate all different makes and styles. it's the hobby that's important, right?

Tuck Tuck, great story. Love the picture, thanks for posting it. Are you saying it's yours now? Also, I will have other pictures soon, we have quite a few Street Rods, some complete, and some in different stages. When I get a chance I'll post more of them, I hope you like 32 Fords. I appreciate all different makes and styles. it's the hobby that's important, right?

Grandpa is still around and even though its still his, he needs the encouragement to get out and go cruising. I usually cruise the nova around that my dad and I built up a few years ago, and he likes riding in that(grandpa is an old speed freak at heart) but he baby's that merc.

And you got that right. Once you're a car guy, you tend to like everything. And I like the old deuce coupes alot! They're just too expensive, but what about this hobby isnt?

My dad and I are gonna get grandpa into the car scene more this year. As soon as the weather breaks, I'm bringing home an old cosworth vega thats missing the motor, and were implanting a 385 sbc with a single blowthrough turbo. Grandfather/Father/Son project. I'll have to look through pictures now, we've got a million pics from car cruising over the years.

I love ALL old cars but I lean more to the kinda unusual stuff rather than the mainstream cars like Camaro, Mustang, '32 ford, Lead sled Mercs and the like. You see them at every car show you go to and probably multiple ones each with it's own flavor. I like the type of stuff no one else has and no one else thinks to restore like an International pickup or a Pontiac Chieftain, or cars that are a "sleeper" Big power in a totally unsuspecting car like a Dodge diplomat with a built 426 hemi.

I have 2 57 Pontiac safaris that are project cars, I'm gonna sell them, I don't have the time or the funds to restore those. trying to make some room, I have to move out of our storage building. you don't see those all that often, would love to finish one though.

This was built by Hot Rod Shop in my town. Beautiful '66 C10! :thumbsup:

If anyone's interested, this is a video I made of a Rockabilly Hot Rod Show here in CT. Lots of nice cars in it! :113:

Now this tickles me to death, saw it on an episode of "Top Gear" (BBC version)
It is a VW Golf GTI W-12... Basically a Bentley Continental twin turbo W12 engine crammed in a VW Golf's back seat. 641 HP, 531 lb. ft. of torque, and a top speed of 202 MPH! 0-60 in 3.7 seconds.
vw_golf6_w12_gti.jpg

That's messed up.

Not sure if you call it a Hot rod, but its got the look, and 110hp or screamin horses under the rear cargo floor. lol. Took these pics this morning, my poor van had to spend the night outside in the cold while my wifes car melted in the heated garage. Add to that the insult of getting snowed on as well. :(

That is awesome! Love the chrome smoothies with flat black. Wish my old corvan looked that cool, mine had windows all around though.

Last edited:
Back