TRADITIONAL Raleigh-Up

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So here is my next challenge. I want to order a new key for the locking fork. This will involve picking a lock and removing a screw in a really tight space. See the video. Maybe there is a low profile ratcheting screwdriver???

Look at the top of the lock there's a three letter code that will tell you the key that will fit they have the copies on line

Here see
IMG_20240507_130839895.jpg

Ngn I have copies of all three

Mine does not have a number. I wasn’t that lucky. There is a long YouTube tutorial on this. Some of the locks have the number stamped on the inside. I need to order a lock picking set.

Awesome video update! Your work space is cool, the jazz, your presentation: bravo!

That bike has so many great and unique features. I like the high flange hubs for a front wheel build, figure out the horn switch issue and keep it, agreed on the hubs "if it ain't broke"... This is going to be a fun one to watch; especially if you keep doing your video updates! :grin:

Yep. I watched that entire video. He is kind of dry and his videos are long, but I have watched a few of them. There is one where he and his buddy go for a night time ride after a few pints and they use oil burning bicycle lamps. Too cool!
Hahaha! So, I'm flipping along through the build thread list, click on "Raleigh Up" to catch the latest update, and I spot a video on a comment. Wahoo! @twojs.bike has posted another video!

Around 5 seconds in, I think to myself, "Wow, he is doing a pretty spot on 'down under' accent."

Then after about 2.5 minutes in, I pause it, go back out to this thread, and realize that iggy posted a Youtube vid of another dude doing a very long and detailed description of the fork lock and everything you ever wanted to know, and didn't want to know, about fork locks! :bigsmile: Not the dulcet tones of twojs' video voice overs. :grin:

I need another cup of coffee...

I would be interested in the bike ride with the oil burning bicycle lamps though. Gluten for punishment. :wink1:

Back