Raleigh Tall Roadbike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Re: Rallye Tall Roadbike

Oh snap!! That's what I was looking for! The frame (size) anyway..nice score..

Here's my idea for it, and how you might be able to take advantage of the frame size AND make it more comfortable to ride:

Turn it into a mixte, with the top bars running straight from the rear wheel mounts seat to the head tube. About 6 months ago somebody here took a regular sized mixte and cut off the two top rear forks that was basically just to support the seat tube. As a result, the bike had a wicked line, but the seat was so low that it made the bike too difficult to ride.

Or something really out there, chop a couple of inches out of the middle of the bike and weld it together, like a "reverse low rider" of sorts. That would bring the chain ring up to you legs for a smooth pedal stroke, but you'd still have that crazy long head tube and something no one else had. But you'd probably have to use the lower portion of the rear fork as a step to get up on the seat.

For the guys looking for a tall road bike frame, I have an early 70's Dawes Galaxy that my dad wants me to get out his basement this Christmas. I don't know the exact frame size but I know it's a little too big for me at an even 6 ft. I'll post it in the classifieds here after I go on vacation.

Where is your Dad's bike located?

I do have some other tall frames at least 3 Peugoets but in reality I just dont see having the time to build a mixte, if anyone is serious about one I will get measurements for you. So many bikes so little time :shock:

Gold Street Customs said:
I do have some other tall frames at least 3 Peugoets but in reality I just dont see having the time to build a mixte, if anyone is serious about one I will get measurements for you. So many bikes so little time :shock:

I've been wanting to try a Peugeot for some time... Are your Canadian or French, or both? How do you like them?

BadWolf said:
Gold Street Customs said:

I've been wanting to try a Peugeot for some time... Are your Canadian or French, or both? How do you like them?
To be honest with you I haven't ridden any of them they are in my project pile but I love the components as far as design and real honest to goodness metal. As far as Canadian or French I dont know what to look for. I do have a Peugoet US Express mountain Bike from I believe the late eighties and rides very well and is very light.

I have a raleigh "something" but it was made in Ireland? anyways i have the Rigida rims I want to put on a tall frame.. who's got one?! lol

Back