Raleigh Rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, long time reader, first time building!

So this bike was found in a friends skip, you usually don't get bikes laying around everywhere like you seem to do in the US! I messed about with it after stumbling across this site a year ago, and then left it to rot for a year whilst i finished university away:
DSCF5784-1.jpg

After getting back into the site and bikes now I have graduated, i slowly tidied up the bike:
DSCF5799-1.jpg

Since that pic I've made some homemade string grips, moved the shifters to tidy up the front end, changed the saddle and have messed about with a bike club sign to put on some plywood:
thewhippersnapperscopy.jpg

club sign (i realise the grammar is incorrect; its still in draft form)

Now, here are some pics of the bike with some trial shapes on, they are not cut to shape properly nor painted black; I personally don't like the wood, but don't know how else i would be able to show my club sign off?! Next plans are to get a load of lights and mirrors for the front rack, paint the rims red, and any feasible suggestions people may have!
DSCF5932.jpg

DSCF5933.jpg

DSCF5934.jpg

EDIT: pics came out fine :D

Fatboy

Right, decided to scrap the idea of the billboards, and found some random reflectors in the shed:
DSCF5935.jpg

spare lighting fixture from work:
DSCF5936.jpg

so now the bike looks like:
DSCF5938.jpg

started messing about with some wood, but not sure about this either:
DSCF5943.jpg

EDIT: not really sure why the pics are sideways, i did change them...ah well. Comments?

FatboyLovesHills said:
Is that a headlight :? This is the first time I seen multiple reflectors in one spot :mrgreen: Looks cool :wink:

cheers mate! i think its a replacement bulb for the spotlights in a bar i used to work at; i thought it would look pretty cool on my bike haha!

Back