Raleigh Rambler MX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
upload_-1.jpg

upload_-1.jpg

upload_-1.jpg
So. What is it? Whats it worth? Just kidding. Its priceless. I would like some input on the year. Looks original, except for nasty ratty frame hack @ 6 way seat tube junction...and the front brake looks mightily like a period correct bike shop add-on. Love it. Works great which is good cause the band brake is frozen. Speaking of band brake. What the huh? Whats the point? Disc, drum, and rim brakes all seem like equal or better options, even in the early 80s.

This bike, oh this bike.
Its getting me in trouble already. I went to the store for chips and rye on my daily. Came home. Parked daily, gazed and caressed the rambler, locked it to the steps, went in. No groceries. Oops. Went out. Gold fork is shining like an object blessed by some sun god. Caress. Gaze. Back inside 3-5 mins later. Empty handed again. Wife is looking at me real strange.

I should say, i got this bike @ 11am. 8 hours and a few pictures and rides later, this is the first time i really saw the seat post joint for what it.

upload_-1.jpg

upload_-1.jpg

"Nailed it"

upload_-1.jpg

upload_-1.jpg

As bad as the seat tube is, this is the heartbreak. See the red ano?

upload_-1.jpg

upload_-1.jpg

upload_-1.jpg

Please chime in here, but I'm thinking that whether it be production #, survival rate, or what-not, that this bike is actually much more rare than, oh say, a chrome spaceliner or prewar american made schwinn or cwc...[emoji50] ? Bicycle808 (should be Bicycle411) im looking at you.

Dont worry linguists, i wont confuse rare with valuable [emoji1]

Latest posts

Back