Raleigh Bomber

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had one of those about eighteen years ago (or thereabouts) - I only bought it for the cowhorn handlebars if I remember right, to put on my red Grifter. I cut the rest up & junked it; Bombers weren't worth anything then like they are now, & I'd imagine that I probably paid less for the whole bike than I would have done for a brand new set of handlebars at the time. I was only a school kid, so funds were tight!
They do look alright, but I remember that the Build quality was terrible with some of the shoddiest welding seen anywhere on anything ever & horrendously flimsy forks. Think I've still got the 'backwards bracket' derralier that came off it kicking around in one of the sheds at my mum's place!

Three versions, two were available in either 24" or 26" with the option of single speed or three speed hub gears.
At the end of production they released a 5 speed version

Bombers8june004.jpg

Standard Black ones

wed7may001.jpg

Super Bomber (blue one!)

24july010.jpg

5 speed

The silver\black fade one at the bottom is the type I had exactly. Are those Grifter H\grips & brake levers on it, bomberman? It would prove to me that everything in the universe evens out if they are!

They are grifter grips on the 5 speed version, not on there any more as it should have the foam grips as fitted to the 3 speed bikes.
I only bought the 5 speed one on Weds so its getting a strip down and good clean up!
The brake levers are standard fitment on bombers, grifters and pretty much anything else Raleigh put out in the early 80's!

Back