Raffle Rod

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm putting the "rat rod/kustom" bike together that will be raffled off at this year's Midwest Bicycle Fest. My plan is to try to use stuff I already have and don't want for myself while making it something that others will be willing to drop a dollar for a chance to win. It's a "win/win" situation. Someone gets a bike for a dollar and I clean out my garage a little.
Here's what I'm starting with. A 1953 Schwinn frame that I've painted in what else but flat black and a chainguard off another Schwinn.
frame.jpg

chainguard.jpg

Dangratsdan did an excellent job with last year's raffle bike which he built on the spot...
pic001.jpg

pic064.jpg

Great idea!.....Seeing what you guys have built, in the past, means somebody gets a COOL bike! 8)

Swapped the bezels(?) between a chrome and gloss black headlight. Painted the gloss flat. The headlights weren't identical like i first thought so I had to do a little tweaking to get it to work.
headlight.jpg

Plugged the holes where the reflectors used to be with these brads found at a craft store.
pedals.jpg

Tank plate. I was originally going to put something on it but have since decided to leave it blank. The winner of the bike can put their own decals or whatever on it. Assuming they don't tear the bike down just for parts. Now I already know what you all are thinking. :D
tank_plate.jpg

Looking good. I like your are leaving the tank blank for stickers. A place for cool stickers that wont' mess up the bike.

0814081834.jpg

Looks good. The red accent on the seat and chainguard is perfect. I am not a fan of high count spoke wheels but they look really good on it. I think the flat black tones them down.

I WANT THAT SEAT!!

reminds me of a pair of pants i used to have back in highschool.
veryvery cool bike

Back