Race Rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My son has been after me to post this bike. We have been working on and off on it all summer and it is finally starting be something. It has had everything from tall apes to the current shorty bars on it. It started life as a powder blue girls bike with white tires that was my daughter first bike. She outgrew it and my son started riding it and the build was on. We stripped it and painted it this gold and put these rims off an old BMX bike on it. He just put the rear slick on tonight with hardly any help from me and we had also already changed out the front sprocket to a 44t. I am putting this in the build section because with the colder weather coming it is going to get stripped again this winter and repainted along with just cleaning the parts and another new tire. This is the bike that I am looking for an 18" rim for the back for because Nirve has an 18 x 3 that we think would look killer.

CIMG3048.jpg

CIMG3052.jpg

CIMG3053.jpg

CIMG3055.jpg

That has to many memories from my grandfathers work shop. I remember drinking many bottles of Orange Crush from that as a kid. It's all there and actually in good shape other than the repaint.

Very cool bike!!! He looks quite pleased also. Good to see more and more of us getting our sons and daughters involved with our sickness.

Boy and I made a similar bike as yours. He loves it. It is actually the sharpest one I've worked on.

Wow how do you keep it so clean with that carpet on the floor? I wouldn't last a day ( I have an apartment so i wrench inside on occasion). Where did you get taht rear slick from?

Here are some new pictures of the build. We actually got a different frame and decided to build it instead.
Before strip and paint.
CIMG0998.jpg

My 8 yr old son painted it completely on his own. He painted it a sparkle silver with a sort of candy red over it. His first time painting entirely on his own. :p
CIMG1047.jpg

Ratina from this forum helped me out with some 18" rims and so we test mounted the back wheel, sprocket and chain
CIMG1051.jpg

CIMG1050.jpg

The stock forks won't clear the front tire so we have some other forks from a mountain bike that need cleaned up and painted. When that is done we will post pictures.

Latest posts

Back