R~ACE~R

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a buddy of mine ( Ace) asked me to find him a bike well since he is a tattoo artist I couldnt just find him any old bike so I decided to build him one. he want something cool and something with gears and since he is a little feller I came up with a small 26" Schwinn Speedster frame from my ole buddy Larry in San Fransisco . He also thru in a black Racer hence the name R~ACE~R :)
instead of a single or 3 speed I decided on a 27" set and will make this bad boy a 5 speed,
here are some photos of the start of the mock up
P4030001.jpg

P4030002.jpg

P4030003.jpg

P4030004.jpg

P4030005.jpg

Looking nice! I have one of those stainless front fenders that is crested that I'm dying to use on something.

got a lil bit more done tonight
added an odd brand 60s fork guard? kinda like fork struts then wrapped the brake cable with black cloth bar tape and used the self sealing electrical tape on the ends it will get it on the shifter cable tomorrow when I get a black cable housing
P4070001.jpg

P4070002.jpg

P4070003.jpg

P4070004.jpg

P4070005.jpg

nice build! that would make an excellent commuter :mrgreen: i could ride the light rail with that bad boy, no problemo.

me likey!

looks fast :D like the truss /rack dilly up front too !!!

are there markings on the "clover" sprocket for use with a mtb chain ? i think i remember reading there was a way to tell but never knew what exactly. didnt see anything on my cruiser 5 either. :roll:

slick bike none the less, built to ride !!!

Latest posts

Back