Quoting Yourself: Stuff you said while building a bike.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AAhhh,! Stuff.. I just bought this part and I already have three of these in this box I hardly look into...!
I should clean this garage.... But I KNOW where everything is....

Thanks, Luke. And for what it's worth, there is no one here who's work I don't specifically like. I have seen interesting details in everyone's original work here. I do admit that there are those here who I butt heads with that don't necessarily share their overall philosophies about this hobby, but this isn't the place to discuss that and they were not the target of my "________".

I am not going to assume to have the honor of being the butt of your "__________" joke, but as one of your head-butters, I did get a chuckle filling in the blanks.

To my wife - "Can you fix yourself a can of soup so that I can see if the soup can will work on my bike?"
The look on her face was priceless.

tumblr_mb8bvwK7gN1rxjz0mo1_500.gif

Oh yea ,look at that ,it went right in there,oh yea! Perfect! Agh!...Stevil

This is something that I typed in a thread on RRB and @yeshoney has used it as his signature line for many years.
There is no such thing as spending time irresponsibly when it comes to bikes. "Honey will you take the garbage out?" (Sure that gives me at least 10-15 minutes in the garage with and excuse)

That is more than I want to spend but it will look really cool IF I can make it fit. - While building all eleven Felt's that I currently have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have enough spare parts to build three more bikes. Let me look at craigslist. I need to sell some of this stuff. Maybe I can get a good deal on a frame.

"I swear, i just had that (fill in the tool) in my hand a freaking minute ago!"
"I know that (fill in the part) was right here! I just saw it!"
"I know it's around here somewhere..."

and when it's all done...
"I'm so good i oughta do this for a living!"

"ok..i am going to keep this one simple!"
I have never said this. Right now I am in Bessemer, AL looking for a saddlery to get some saddle leather that closely matches some suede leather that I brought from California to recover a bicycle seat. I don't know the first thing about what I am trying to accomplish and it will likely cost me more in trial and error than a better seat would and it would cause fewer busted knuckles and gray hairs. Somehow, I don't care but I should care.

Two minutes ago,trying to remove a 3 inch inflated tire/wheel from a bike it wasn't designed to fit a weld broke.

"Well, I don't think that's supposed to happen. Maybe it's not structural."

Back