Quieting a springer seat down

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a StreamRide(Electra) that just won't shut up, tried taking it apart, cleaning, lubing(dry & wet), adjusting spring compression, nothing seems to work. I don't mind the occasional squeak but this thing is like having 2 people going at it on a squeaky mattress on a level road. Anybody got a cure for that?

squeeky,

I usually hit it with a hammer or brick for ten minutes, it it's the seat try that if springer I put brass washers between all contacts and lil chunks off old tube between the fender and fork struts. once again beat it to soften the spring a bit, once they break in they quiet down some...

I had a similar squeaky seat problem. After I went and took it off the bike and cleaned it up, it was much better. My problem is now that I have loosed the seat from the post it won't stay put. I ride the bike for 5 minutes and I'm sliding back onto the tire or forward onto the bar. No amount of tightening seems to keep this seat in place.

Any recommendations? Is there a certain type of washer? How about nylon threaded nuts?

**edit** i realize this is off topic, so I'm going to start a new thread.

Used some Sprayon dry graphite, helped but didn't solve it, ended up hitting everything one by one with some spray lithium grease. What sounded like springs squeaking turned out to be the attachment at the front of the seat. Ended up totally disassembling, cleraning and re-assembled using some dry wax-type chain lube on all the weight bearing areas, most notably the front clasp that goes over the spring frame. That fixed it.

Latest posts

Back