Questions about late 70s AMF Avenger 350 MX bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm working on a project that began with a AMF Avenger 350 frame and forks, like the bike pictured below. Can someone out there that owns one of these give me the specs on the little tab that is welded to the head tube that is a 'stop' for the forks, it keeps the forks from hitting the frame when turning. On the frame I am working with, this tab has broken off and I need to fab a new one and would like to be fairly accurate in reproducing it. Maybe post some close up pics along with dimensions if possible. Thanks so much.
77amfavenger3502k.jpg

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks for taking the time to post the information! At my workplace we do some stampings so I am going to rig something up and make a dozen or two of these. Anyone else out there need this tab, let me know.

Funny how the pics he posted of the tab are actually taken of the bike in the first post.

He's the one who bought the bike from me. :mrgreen:

spd635 said:
hope this helps,the plate is 3/4 x 3/4 x 3/32 with a 3/16 hole approximately.

Got another question about the bike. Would a 11-1/2" pad fit well on the round crossbar on the middle of these handlebars? That is without being squeezed on the ends if you know what I mean. Gathering parts for my build and looking at a pad to buy but want to make sure it will fit right. Thanks.
bmxhandlebarpad1.jpg

bmxhandlebarpad2.jpg

Latest posts

Back