Question about Bike Carriers

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been thinking about getting a bike carrier for the back of my Van, and I was wondering if anyone else uses the kind that does not require a trailer hitch? My question is, how bad do they scuff the paint on your vehicle? I don't feel like popping for a trailer hitch, and then still having to buy a rack for it. (I'm a poor college student at the moment) :oops: Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I don't know about the scuffing, but I got a Yakima 2" hitch, two bike carrier that I'd sell you for cheap. Problem is I'm in AZ and this thing weighs a TON. Wouldn't be feasible with the shipping...

Well I use a 3 bike carrier by Bell. It's decent as far as holding two Heavy bikes (elgin and J.C Higgins) But to be honest, the rubber on the clips is wearing off and is chipping at my paint. I have a mazda 929. Also you need to worry about the bike pedals scratching the trunk.. I will post a pic tomorrrow..

I have a Saris Bones 3 bike rack and have carried a moped on it. Never any problems with paint scratching.

Back