pura vida! newbie from Portugal, europe

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there everyone at rad rod bikes!! i've cheking rrb for a long time now, but only now i've started ratting bicycles and finnally have something to post around here...
so, from the beginning...my name is Joao, aka juanitoloco and a I'm from portugal , the small backend of europe...I don´t know how much you know about portugal history of cycling, but in the old days people moved around a lot in them, specially in the center of the country and smaller villages in portugal, where you still can see old people riding around in bicycles as old as they are, just doing their thing..not so much the cruiser types we see around here but more like those kind of dutch bikes..i love cruisers but there is not much of that around here..anyway, I'm 30y, have a bad job, but I also make tattoos on the road, and ride bikes every chance i got, play music and do creative stuff!! I love rat rod bikes...everything in it...classics and monster freaks, cheap cheap cheap, cut, sew, glue...just make it roll and make it fun!...DIY style!I live in the capital, Lisbon, which is a beautifull city, full of light, good people, nice places to be, good places to roll around near the river.. but it is also known as the city of "the 7 hills"...eheh...not so good for biking, but still, it´s a matter of practice and choosing your route and you can get anywhere..i have some bikes ready to be transformed..some i found in the trash, some i bought cheap and some given to me by friends...it's kinda hard to find bikeparts around here, and most people that like to restore bicycles try to sell them has if they where made of gold.. my main issue is to have a nice place to cut, weld, paint and store all the bikes, but for now, they are semi-stored at a friends small backyard.. i'm trying to put toghether something like a riding group and a chop shop with some friends that love bicycles too..let´s see how it goes!!..i have ratted this one bicycle along with my best friend, that i will try to post around here! so ...it seems i got it together so here you can meet Rosette, The Rat... there is still some work to be done and before pictures that i will post later on the bike gallery as soon as i put it together, so this one is still out of focus, ehehe..enjoy

RosettetheRats.jpg

so, take care and roll free!
JuanitoLoco

right on juanito, welcome to the club!!! luv the bike

Back