Project: Witch

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1940s Hawthorne is under way. Tore her down last night and she'll be off to the sandblaster here in the next day or so.

Before the tear down
RatBikes001.jpg

After the tear down
Hawthorne001-1.jpg

Not too sure how to figure the year out of these codes.
Hawthorne006-1.jpg

I couldn't help but post a pick of my latest bike purchase. This is our website founder's bike that I purchased a week or so ago. Very happy with this ride!
Hawthorne003-1.jpg

Then there is the Fleetwing Mercury II, not quite sure what I am going to do with this ride but the bars were flipped in order to give me some kind of motivation. LOL
Hawthorne002.jpg

Hawthorne005-1.jpg

Nice purchase on the Dyno with the Skull Skate bars. That bike was an object of my lust.

Thanks cman, I am very happy with it too. It is a super sweet ride and am glad to have it in my collection.

id leave the fleetwing as-is, looks perfect! ratty yet clean.

Kinda what I was thinking Stretch. It looks pretty darn cool the way she sits. I'm gonne get some new rubber on there and get the front head lights working. Looks like it is all there but needs some cleaning of the contacts. Fished out 2 nice sized wasp nests already. Sprayed the whole rig down with WD40 and everything is free'd up and spinning nicely. Little adjustment here and there and she'll be ready to hit the park.

Shannon's Hawthorne on the other hand is a pile! I have a drawing up of what I want it to look like and can't wait for the finished product. Everything will be pretty stock other than a nice selection of black satin, red, and white here and there. Not too sure what to do with the front fork set up yet and may just roll back with what came on there.

Looking cool!

The money from the sale of the Dyno went to pay for programming for the site. :(

Glad that it's in good hands though. :wink:

Rat Rod said:
Looking cool!

The money from the sale of the Dyno went to pay for programming for the site. :(

Glad that it's in good hands though. :wink:

That's a pisser! It is getting some good use though. Very nice ride; you did a great job on this bike. A lot of my bike friends have been all over it and have had nothing but great things to say about it. Again, awesome site, and a pleasure meeting you the other day. I have been spreading the word to some of my bike gang and they are liking what they see here as well. Keep up the hard work!!!!

texas_campers said:
Not too sure how to figure the year out of these codes.
Hawthorne006-1.jpg

I was told that on my Hawthorne, the 04 is 19"40" backwards. So if thats true, yours would be from 1942. I'm gonna guess the "H" is for Hawthorne, but what is the "E" for???
IMG_3270R.jpg

Back