PROJECT PORKCHOP BMX 26" LANDRACE (3-29 UPDATE)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I know what you're thinking....this ain't a rat rod bike!

Well, you're right, this ain't a rat rod bike. But, I'm using forum owner authority here and I'm going to keep this one in the bike build thread because I'm going to build a bike produced by one of our sponsors (Porkchop BMX) and since they help pay the bills, they should get a little advertising time. :wink:

So...this is where I'm going to document the build of my new Landrace 26" BMXer.

I'm trying to build the bike with as many parts from Porkchop that I could. He doesn't carry wheel sets so I have to pick those up somewhere else.

I also plan to use a blue Tuff Neck style stem and possibly some cruiser bars that I already have.

Here's what the Postman dropped at my door today... :D

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

Lot's of BMX goodness packed in this box. :mrgreen:

DSC_0003.jpg

Here's everything unpacked...

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

Stay tuned for more assembly.

Re: PROJECT PORKCHOP BMX 26" LANDRACE

I so wanted one of those but I`ve decided to spend my $ on other stuff at the moment. But those frames are awesome! I seen a kid that rides for DK (can`t for the life of me think of his name right now) do this bike and it is rad. As a matter of fact, when you go to Justins site and scroll down to the link that carries you to the Landraces there`s a pic there and thats him doing an endo on it. He got the very 1st one I believe.
I met Justin a couple of years ago, really super cool guy. Glad you got him on board to help with the bills and its nice to give back every once in a while too. You won`t be disappointed with a Landrace. He put alot time in developing these and got it right.

This is gonna be SWEEEET :shock:

That kids name is Devon Smillie and I`m not sure if he still rides for DK or not. He`s not listed on their site if he is but that dude can ride. 40"+ bunnyhops is the norm for him. Here`s a shot of him hitting 40" when he rode with "The Freestyle Connection"
028.jpg

Steve, this is going to turn out awesome :)

Lambo, he rides for Felt now (Devon Smillie) - a friend built that Landrace in the pics of him doing tricks, then he was the first one to ride it (no warm up or anything, he just got rad on it instantly and his sister took the pics) - here are the pics:

Devon1.jpg

Devon2.jpg

Devon3.jpg

Devon4.jpg

Devon5.jpg

Devon6.jpg

Devon7.jpg

Devon8.jpg

Devon9.jpg

Devon10.jpg

porkchopzz4 said:
Steve, this is going to turn out awesome :)

Lambo, he rides for Felt now (Devon Smillie) - a friend built that Landrace in the pics of him doing tricks, then he was the first one to ride it (no warm up or anything, he just got rad on it instantly and his sister took the pics) - here are the pics:

lol Thanks Justin for clearing that up. I was on the right track, well sort of lol

Can't wait to see this finished! I love the frame! Great selection with the blue and chrome too.

I wanna build one!! Man, I need more money!! Can't wait to see the finished product. My only apprehension is whether or not a guy of 5' 8" will be able to throw it around. . . . How long is the seat tube? If it's 16 or 17 inches, it should work for me.

Re: PROJECT PORKCHOP BMX 26" LANDRACE (3-6)

I'm diggin' it Steve 8)

sweet,always wanted a frame like that 8)

sure is nice working with new, clean parts, isnt it? looks great so far, and i think it belongs here no matter whose ride it is.

Man, you're not kidding about working with shiny new parts.

Going to be contacting a place tomorrow to see about having a set of blue anodized wheels with blue high flanged hubs built up.

My blue Faux Neck stem should arrive on Wednesday. :mrgreen:

Steve,
Stunning bike, love the chrome w/blue. takes me back....
Do you think the geomentry of that frame would lend itself to a 'traditional' cruiser? I can see that thing running a black springer (either Schwinn or Monark style) modified to run a set of 65mm rims and 24 x 3s. For the price, it would make for a great 'new' bike.

Cheers!
Dr. T

FOUND OBJECTS said:
Are those decals on the frame?

The frames have clear coat over chrome so the decals are under a layer of clear.

You'd have to strip the clear off to get down to the decals and then you could remove them.

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Steve,
Stunning bike, love the chrome w/blue. takes me back....
Do you think the geomentry of that frame would lend itself to a 'traditional' cruiser? I can see that thing running a black springer (either Schwinn or Monark style) modified to run a set of 65mm rims and 24 x 3s. For the price, it would make for a great 'new' bike.

To me it seems just about like any other cruiser frame except that it's made from chromo steel.

It would be pretty cool to build one up in Rat Rod style.

Rat Rod said:
FOUND OBJECTS said:
Are those decals on the frame?

The frames have clear coat over chrome so the decals are under a layer of clear.

You'd have to strip the clear off to get down to the decals and then you could remove them.
Thanks! Yeah it's a neat frame...

Back