PROJECT 65 DELUXE RACER - update 9/03

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: PROJECT 65 DELUXE RACER - update 7/21

Received my seat from Memory Lane today.

One small problem...he forgot to put the "S" stencil in there. :cry:

Looks like I'll be giving old Larry a call tomorrow.

I'm pleased with the condition of the seat...should be a good base for restoration.

DSC_0001-1.jpg

DSC_0002-3.jpg

Re: PROJECT 65 DELUXE RACER - update 7/21

Rat Rod said:
No problems getting mine to seat properly, but if you want them to run smooth you need to make sure you run them at the max. pressure...65psi.
So is it a matter of getting it to seat properly first or will 65 psi make the tire correct itself? I was only up to 45psi..

Re: PROJECT 65 DELUXE RACER - update 7/22

If the tire is coming off of the rim while you are airing it up, you need to stop, let some air out and try to reseat that section.

The pressure just makes the tires run smooth.

Well my problem is about a three inch section of the tire is sitting lower in the rim then it should be.. It is odd to me..

Take a photo and post it in the "HOW TO" section and we'll take it from there. :wink:

Will do. Sorry for "jacking" your thread.. You should delete of of this.. lol

I'm getting this work done in 1-2 hour chunks...mostly after the monkeys are in bed.

This evening I cleaned some chrome parts and got the stem and bars installed along with the BB, crank and chainring.

DSC_0002-1-1.jpg

DSC_0005-3.jpg

DSC_0008-4.jpg

DSC_0010-4.jpg

DSC_0014-3.jpg

It's starting to look like a bike again. :D

I think you went and bought a new replica, and are just teasing us all around........ :D

Man that bike is coming out perfect! Good job!

Hooch said:
actually nothing of Steves really looks this good he just has "Madd Skillz" with photoshop lol

we got one of those "fancy" cameras a while back, but it seems you need to also get one of those "fancy" photo editing programs to make the pictures look better too :lol:

nice 'shop job Steve :lol: :lol: :lol:

next they will be animated and talk like Despicable Me and we will have to have RatRodBikes 3d glasses to view his posts hehe

These shots come straight out of Picasa. :wink:

Re: PROJECT 65 DELUXE RACER - update 7/24

:shock: -------------- :D ------------------- 8) the CLEANEST ! i have ever seen

Ok, since, our trade was part of this project, here's what I've done to the Fleet ... so far! :D

Is a bike ever finished?

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=29261

You are really doing a fantastic job on the Racer.

I too think a Brooks would be a better choice than the S seat. But, I've never cared for the shape of those seats.

Don't let me talk you out of "correct". :D

Well, I had intended to buy a black Brooks B67 for this bike, but I ended up coming across this new honey colored B17 at the flea market today and decided to give it a try.

Not sure if I'm liking the color on this bike or not. Was thinking that I definitely needed to find some matching grips if I did keep it.

DSC_0008-6.jpg

DSC_0010-5.jpg

DSC_0005-5.jpg

DSC_0014-5.jpg

DSC_0006-4.jpg

DSC_0019-3.jpg

Re: PROJECT 65 DELUXE RACER - update 8/15

needs some coppertone chubbys. i have some i would be willing to put on that bike. :D

Latest posts

Back