Pro Member Means What?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, I get the fact that many people refuse to pay anything to use forums, so for those folks, nothing has changed for them. They can use the forum just like they always have.

For the folks who want a couple of extra photo related perks, there will be the Pro Membership. Storing large quantities of photos on the server costs money. This is why there will be an annual fee to have those perks. I'd love to give it away to everyone for free, but my three kids need to eat. :p
They just can't eat in the garage......:21:

Steve if someone pays the fee for a year and doesn't the following year, will their images that you host be deleted? I host my own images so it wouldn't affect me but I'm just curious.

That's a good question...haven't quite figured all of that out just yet.

I thought that was one of the purposes of a forum. They become a permanent record, as opposed to the temporary record that photobucket provides. Gary

We've existed for seven years now without forum hosted photos and things have been just fine. Thousands of people have managed to figure out how to post photos from a third party photo hosting service. It's been free for the user to do it that way and will continue to be free to do it that way. Millions of forums handle their image posting this way. It's the reason that sites like Photobucket and Image Shack are so popular.

This is completely my take on it and no one else's views:
Please correct me if I am wrong, but the pro membership is not required for anyone to use the forum as they have, it is not a sale that needs to be purchased in any way shape or form. It is just an additional perk for members who have donated to the site, nothing less nothing more.

I have been on car forums, phones and computer modding forums and all have had a donation button to the site that just gives members who have donated an additional access to the site such as access to repair manuals and additional server storage and in this case with RRB, it is photo storage.

I feel that many people are questioning the donation method and are looking at it as a purchase and that is not the way a donation should be looked at. This is just my take on it.

Last edited:
I think it's still in experimental mode right now Gary, it will be under Account Upgrades when you hover over your name on the top right of the forum.

I think we all should be a part of this. Looking foward to when the kinks are worked out.

Thanks Luke.

Let me know if you have any issues with the set up. Still wanting folks to test things out before I really start promoting it.

Back