Prince of Pennsyltucky

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, y'all...

honestly i never thought id be back into humanpowered machinery...but life is, well, unexpected. i went from racing bmx in the early 80's (GT, Powerlight, Redline), to a long term, pocket emptying, love affair with vintage BMW 2 wheelers. that led to italian motorcycles, which led to stripped down, homemade ital/jap cafe style street burners, which led to violations of pa's vehicle code and denial of my rights to have a valid pa drivers liscence for several years.... c'est la guerre.... then came children, who grow fast, and then all of a sudden its RM 80's TTR's, and then mopeds, ah mopeds, well i liked the idea, but the moped scene is, well, lots of testosterone, one upmanship, and bad vibes... i was ready to give up on two wheeled transport altogether, when my youngest dragged home a Shelby Flyer that had been painted white, ALL white, and was languishing in someone's garden as 'folk art' . somehow Sarah talked the owner out of it, and now it is in pieces in the living room. she says her vision for it, is that it needs to look "like (it was) joey's (ramone)" i have since located two more complete Flyers and a partial, all in the neighborhood's gardens, and am working on amassing a fleet to rock out. Hey to Y'all, and anyone else in southcentral PA, give a shout.

interesting intro. got any scanned pictures of your past rides? would like to see them. welcome to the RRB forums.

Back