Prewar Schwinn BF ladies with tank and horn HELP pls

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So a friend has this in her yard and wants to sell it. I cant decide if i want to buy it or help her sell it. This is not a presale post to drum up interested but really I am just looking for some fair offer/market value. I told her that parted she may get more but it will take longer and she understands. I also told her i may make her an offer after looking into it. What would some of you put its worth at. I know that is a subjective question but I just want to get some feed back on it. Thanks. :D

dan

Couple things going for it are the 'top loading' goose neck with the peaked center and prewar chain guard with the BF logo in place and in good shape. seat and seat pan are solid and she MAY have the delta light around too. Horn has the button and presumably the guts inside. The grips are shot :cry: :cry: they say Goodrich in script. I have never seen those before.

I wouldn't give more than $75.00-$90.00 for it. That's a Midwest price. I'm about 180 or so miles from where it was made and they may be more common around these parts. I'd like to see a pic of that chainguard and grips if you can do that. If you can save those grips, it might be cool to get someone to re-pop them.

I'm looking to find something similar for around $50 ... another midwest guy here though. I've got plans to cut one in half and trike it though so I'm sort of limiting what I'm putting into this, if it had a matching condition springer I would pay $100 :mrgreen:

if it had a matching condition springer, prewar locking, i would have bought it for 75 and had the springer forks in the FS section for 180! 8) 8) 8)

That price is probably about right. The worst thing that could happen is someone will make an offer that's in the ballpark. Those grips are cool..

heyslugger said:
Just listed it with pics. Portland IS bike town usa so I think I priced it accordingly...

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/bik/3717204906.html

think the grips are almost too far gone to reference :(

That is a nice patina bike and needs almost nothing to be able to get it going again and have fun with it ! i really hope that some one get's it and enjoy it , but as we all know girl's bike's are verry hard to get sold even thou this one is not you're usual girl's bike !

i did get a frame with a couple of goods still on it a while back from a good member of RRB and i have been looking for a few items that i need for a while and can't not find them , so that been said that bike is all there !

good luck with the sale ! hope it find's a good home :wink:

heyslugger said:
Just to make it a little easier. (thanks for all the feedback)

2940f99d987b7e28c571_1.jpg

You didn't say it came with an extra fork :mrgreen:

Listing looks fair to me, all it takes is the right person looking. Girls bikes are a hard sell bu that's a decent one to go at it with !

those fork's are a task to find , i was lucky to be able to find a locking fork with truss rod's here at RRB from another great member :D

That is a '41 DX. You can tell by the smaller rounded tank (compared to '40), painted bird wing chainguard and the Wald nutcracker neck. I've never seen those grips either. '41 was the first year for the chubby Schwinn early oval grips. Those are the same only Goodrich marked. Measure the seat tube on that frame. It looks like it could be the taller 20" frame. I've never seen a 20" prewar girls frame but I know they made them. Gary

Back