Prewar bike video

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the positive feedback! I am planning on two more videos in the near future. One will feature motorized bicycles from 1950 on back, there will some incredible pics in that video. The other will feature strictly vintage bicycle accessories and headbadges from the pre WWII era going back to turn of the century stuff.

SB

GIVE ME THAT BIKE ! All of them, WOW. That was when bicycles really had classy design and style. Nice video, can't wait to see more. Thanks. :D Dangerous Dan

Nice Vid!!!!!

What was that bike at 3:02, It looked like it was aluminum, was it the Silverking Racer monark only made one of? It was awesome whatever it was.

That aluminum bike was a prototype for Rollfast built by H.P. Snyder Manufacturing out of Little Falls, NY. Never made it into production. I interviewed former Snyder president, Bill Snyder, about eight years ago. He stated that they had to make the bike so heavy in order to be durable enough, that it wasn't practical, so they scrapped the idea. They also made a prototype twin suspension bike for Rollfast that I have the original factory photo of, but it was never produced either.

SB

Ya, I can understand the Idea of It being heavy, my 26x is pretty darn heavy.

Red tread white wall tires are crazy rare as are green tread white wall tires. I recently had a pair of the red tread WW's and sold them to a collector for $350. They were made by U.S. Royal and were chain treads. If anyone on here has any, or ever comes across any, I have another collector who will pay the $$$ for them.
Thanks for all the positive feedback too!!

SB

Back