Prepping for race

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
holy freakin crap!!! i just watched that video locojoe posted! wowza! looks like an alley cat race is what we will NOT be doing!!! i cant tell you how many times i was like dang!!! that guy got close to hittin a car or person. thats intense man. gerry i wish you the best of luck. be safe man!

Easy E

Thanks again guys. Right now I am surgically rebuilding my pedals and shopping for some Stelvio Schwalbe 26X1.1. I gotta get some Teflon grease tomorrow to make my special mix of grease. Next will be repacking the hubs. I plan on making a rear wheel disk and mark it "Team Ratrodbikes.com" since you are all cheering along. :)

You're definitely putting more thought into this than most other alleycat'ers (that's a good thing). The fact that they've already published the route tho tells me its more organized than a traditional 'alleycat' or messenger race. Every one I've ever done (too many to count) is a show up, get your manifest, look at a map for 5min, choose your own route and haul butt when they say go kinda thing.
...for the wife, I stopped doing them when I hit 32. I've been hit by way too many cars on both my bicycle and my motorcycle.

That is a good lookin' bike, clean and simple. Center stands make a bike look racey...comes from my motorcycle racin' days, I guess.

Latest posts

Back