Pre WWII Elgin!!! Collegiate "The Bull" not schwinn!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sorry my first post will be the bike half put back together a kid at the shop got to my camera and deleted all my piks GERRRRR
Whats done

Seat upholstery
IMG_20110513_131839.jpg

stem, handle bars and grips installed
IMG_20110513_131956.jpg

Chain ring Cleaned
IMG_20110513_132010.jpg

Rear hub rebuilt and buttery smooth

Needs Done
Paint rims red, Respoke, and mount 2.35 Brown Fat franks
Mount Rear Fender
Mount Center stand kick stand to fender (make the fat frank fit) ^<any ideas would be helpfull!!!
Find A Rub on protector for the patina or just olive oil <any ideas would be helpfull!!!
Replace bent crank arm

More Random Pix
IMG_20110513_131916.jpg

IMG_20110513_131937.jpg

IMG_20110513_131907.jpg

My Collegiate
IMG_20110513_131818.jpg

Re: Pre WWII Collegiate "Board Tracker?"

Overlord6920 said:

At first glance it looks like the bike has a very odd, small frontwheel :)

You have some nice stuff for your build!
Good luck and have fun.

Btw... Welcome on Ratrotbikes.com. Don't forget to write an intro of yourself on the introductionforum.
We'd like to know who you are and what you do
:wink:

Im Wondering if anyone has used Ankor Wax befor to protect the patina on an old bike. im having really hard time finding away to save the rust and old paint but keep the bike form turning to dust...

Gaskill (a member of this forum) is a master of "locking" a patina on a bike. You should check out his builds, or message him.

Best wishes and good looking build so far.

BB :D

I love your stile man, I´ll keep an eye on this build. Keep at it!

I'm soooooooo upset. I ordered a 26in fork for my collegiate off ebay. Mounted everything up, went to put
The tire on..... its twisted almost 1/2in and its a 24in gerrrrrrrrr tooooo the world....

Other than that my crank arm is in as well as my skiptooth chain.. photos to come when I get home(posting on cell phone)

I have used WD40 before on a bare metal frame. It works well, just reapply once a year.

New Crank arm Yea!!!!1
IMG_20110517_204830.jpg

The fork that i orded 24in not 26in gerrrrrrr called the guy hes sending me a new one
IMG_20110517_204647.jpg

PS the FatFranks are going to be the brown ones with red rims the black ones are from another bike for mockup
you can also see the Fender and the rear kick stand mounted up the FatFrank Fit perfictly under the fender no rubbing and didnt have to tweak the fender at all

And the Amazingly clean chain
IMG_20110517_205132.jpg

Also i found Bee's wax suspended in orange oil that rubbed in perfictly with the patina and still looks great ill get the name of it later.

never looked at this build glad i did WOWOWOW. funny though i was expecting to see a diamond frame schwinn with old parts on it. very cool keep it up!!

Re: Pre WWII Elgin!!! Collegiate "Board Tracker?" not schwinn!!!

there changed the name so no more confusion

Ok ran into a problem the guy that sold me the 24in fork didnt have a 26in elgin balloon fork so now i have no fork..... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Anywhy anyone outthere that might by chance have a prewar 26in balloon fork PLZPLZPLZ post me here or message me or email [email protected]. I want to build this ASAP

Diggin' it. Love the patina and the parts and frame are saweeeeet!

So I'm my poed fork state I went digging into every vintage store I could find in town.. when I saw this I had a strange idea....
IMG_20110519_115440.jpg

Mowhahahahahaaa. Its a old plow horse harnas I think it will work and look sick mowhahahhaha

Well that fork idea is dead quick fork weighed more than the bike soooo no go..... but I might make a. Trailer with it hummm.....

DOOOOO IT SO DO IT I DARE YOU. when the hooligan was done it weighed a tick over 80 pounds.

well what that was is a steel harness (aka Hames) for a plow horse or mule, i saw it in an antique store grabbed it for 10$. since then i have found a fork and it is being sent to me so i have these bars now. me and my friend are going to design a tow trailer for the bike using them for the main body.

sorry i havent updated for a while been working. Well the fork was hard to over come but i ended up using a schwinn style springer fork and the org truse rods togeather to make a unique fork. i did take pics but my phone didnt save them for some strange reason ill post them tomarrow. all thats left is the lacing of the wheels and shes done.

Latest posts

Back