Pre War Scwhinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[i
004-8.jpg
mg][/
002-11.jpg
img]
Still Trying to figure year out...I have been wanting to save this bike for years but the guy who did own always said he was going to do something with it....well after 20 some years i rescued it from the dirt and i hope to get it back on the road alot of work though

olschbp said:
quite a project there, lots of work ahead, but, are you sure that it is a pre war bike?
Hmmmm... definitely very old, early post war? maybe during the war? Its the rear dropouts that got me thinking otherwise. Try posting on the "Bike Talk" forum with the serial number and let the vets have at it.

Post war DX. Chainguard attaches to studs on the frame. Pre war guards had clamps that went around the frame. A pre war frame would also have chain adjustors on the rear axle. Gary

B607 said:
Post war DX. Chainguard attaches to studs on the frame. Pre war guards had clamps that went around the frame. A pre war frame would also have chain adjustors on the rear axle. Gary
The chainguard and dropouts say 1950's to me, but I'm not an expert. I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express. :mrgreen:

deorman said:
B607 said:
The chainguard and dropouts say 1950's to me, but I'm not an expert. I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express. :mrgreen:

yeah, for me it's dropouts and seatstay'seat clamp area. kudos for the good simple pic- i've chased some 'prewar' cl bikes because the pics of these areas weren't clear only to find out - well- you know what i found out.....i ask a lot more questions now..... :mrgreen:

thanks for all the info was not sure when i posted...still cracking rust lol...ya it should be a fun one....

Back