??Pre-war?? flatbar.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EDIT: Actually it's probably pre-war.
I'm fairly sure that it's a schwinn since the serial number is D94086, followed by a C with a W inside of it, not sure what that means, but here are the schwinn serial numbers: http://www.bunchobikes.com/serialnumber3.htm.
The sticker on the front is just a winston cup sticker that was on there, the fork used to be blue with a white stripe, and the original color (under the BB at least) is candy apple red.
Here are the pics:

I am pretty sure its not a schwinn by he kickstand mount and I would put it as a prewar bike
maybe a monark
very cool bike tho
any prewar bikes are quality built! and cool fixed up

Hooch said:
I am pretty sure its not a schwinn by he kickstand mount and I would put it as a prewar bike
maybe a monark
very cool bike tho
any prewar bikes are quality built! and cool fixed up
I was thinking pre-war also, could be the serial number is just a fluke.
I'm not sure if I am going to stay with the skip-tooth or change it up, I've been eying a three speed coaster hub.

I've got the gears for you!

The C with the W means Cleveland Weld. That frame is almost definitely Western Flyer.
Honestly you'd have a much cooler bike if you went back to original, but if you are set on ratting it, I've got the stuff for you!

I ratted out a Nirve cruiser, but I went back to pre-war bikes. The setup is a fresh S/A SRC-3 3 speed hub w/ twist shifter, and the front wheel/hub and rear wheels are original Nirve aluminum, w/ stainless spokes. The chainring is '70s star mag style. Mounted are original Dyno Fireball tires. I've got vintage messenger style hi-rise handlebars, and Nirve aluminum grips. I even have a Brooks almost new honey brown leather springer seat. Just paint your frame/fork and transfer everything over for a turn-key ratter. You're stoked.

(I have the adjusters for the rear drop outs- You'll want those regardless.)

Re: I've got the gears for you!

AntonyR said:
The C with the W means Cleveland Weld. That frame is almost definitely Western Flyer.
Honestly you'd have a much cooler bike if you went back to original, but if you are set on ratting it, I've got the stuff for you!

I ratted out a Nirve cruiser, but I went back to pre-war bikes. The setup is a fresh S/A SRC-3 3 speed hub w/ twist shifter, and the front wheel/hub and rear wheels are original Nirve aluminum, w/ stainless spokes. The chainring is '70s star mag style. Mounted are original Dyno Fireball tires. I've got vintage messenger style hi-rise handlebars, and Nirve aluminum grips. I even have a Brooks almost new honey brown leather springer seat. Just paint your frame/fork and transfer everything over for a turn-key ratter. You're stoked.

(I have the adjusters for the rear drop outs- You'll want those regardless.)
Thanks, I really do need those adjusters.
I was planning on putting a multi-speed hub on it also.

Latest posts

Back