pre-war basement western flyer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have been running an ad for old bikes this is one of my nicer finds a prewar western flyer an old lady called her husband had died a few years back this was his bike that i pulled from their basement aired up the tires and was ready to ride sn# 22834HC if any one has any info on this style of bike or what year it might be its missing the head badge not sure what it should look like would like to replace it ......
675f7ftg009.jpg
675f7ftg008.jpg

Looks like a pre-war Huffman....nice find!

Nice find! Look like western flyer. I have the same frame, fender and sprocket. I will post up some pictures tomorrow as it's dark outside at the moment.

My WF bike is in pieces right now because i am cleaning it up. I found this picture in my wife's camera and it is the one. I also just notice the handlebar and stem are the same as yours. Take off the right grip, there should be a hole in the handlebar.

100_1495.JPG

removed grips no hole in handle bar the head badge holes is like an old schwinn set up 2 -3/16 centers. and missing the truss rods it has western flyer pedals with wooden blocks a very nice riding bike. the poor ole lady kept saying i dont know if i'm doing the right thing by selling the bike but i kept reassuring her it this was the thing to do :lol:

My mistake, the hole is on left side of the handlebar. The serial number on my WF bike is HW13369 and the picture of the head badge below. So i guess it different then.

100_1683.JPG

Back