Potential New Project Help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! After finishing my last project and now that the cycling season is coming to an end here, I decided to pickup a winter project. I found this bike and was told it was a Schwinn but I cant seem to find any similar Schwinns that have the squared off headlight and a doubled seat stay like this. I do not have the bike yet so I dont have any numbers for it but will be looking at it soon. Can anybody help me out? Thanks a lot!

IMG00062-vi.jpg

Thanks cman. I've seen quite a few bikes with a similar tank/headlight shape but none with the double barred seatstay. He's going to email me the S/N later so that should help answer some questions. Since it's a bit of a drive to pick it up I want to make sure it's not a modern reproduction bike. It looks old enough for the most part but some of the pieces on it look brand new.

Thanks for the input guys. I just picked her up and she's a little rough but not for much longer. I still dont know for certain what it is but I'm definitely leaning towards a Ross with that snowflake chainring. The decal on the seat-tube is pretty worn off and all I can make out on it is "NEW YORK". I'll post some pics and probably start a build thread tomorrow. Again, thanks for the help.

Ross, a few here have them, called Coast King Riviera, sold by Coast King dept stores back in the day. I have one I used in the first build off I did. I still have the frame and plan on doing something with it someday. I've got the same bent forks, but I think they will straighten ok.

28knfvp.jpg

Latest posts

Back