post your jockey shifters

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im in the process of making a board track with a 3speed internal hub and i want to put a jockey shifter on it but dont know what route to take so please post any pics and how-tos

i'll throw some up since nobody else posted. i don't know if they'll help much though, since none are for internal gears

Picture024.jpg

Picture106.jpg

Picture111.jpg
i forgot about this one. it's for an internal three speed hub on a trike

Picture109.jpg

Picture017-1.jpg

Hey, Ninja. You already asked me about mine, but I didn't give you a how to.

My cable broke, so I had to get a new one. I bought a regular shifter cable and put it through with the open end of the cable toward the shifter. I then made a bracket to mount the shifter and cable to the frame. I drilled a hole in the shifter base to clamp the cable to. The shifter holds it's position in the selected gear by pressure from a stiff spring. The spring has a bolt running through the middle of it and is what holds the shifter to the bracket. Hope this helps.

IMG_2366.jpg

IMG_2801.jpg

This is my setup for a jockey-shift on a 4-speed internal.

P1030929.jpg

The cable routing from the hub to the shifter is a little messy, I will eventually replace it with steel brake line
P1020645.jpg

Convenient mounting bracket...
P1020443.jpg

Took a while to get the correct spacing for the gear shifts before I drilled to holes. The elastic is to stop it downshifting when I hit potholes.
P1030751.jpg

Back