Post your home made bike stands here

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw a great one posted in the "Show your workspace" thread with a pipe clamp. Would love to see some more. My first one made out of a pipe clamp and PVC stand was an utter failure. but ere's mark II made of stuff that I already had.

It's:

- the base of a roller stand used to catch wood as it comes off a table saw.
- a drill press vice grip (from harbor freight) perfect because it has a great grip, and has a big ... bolt attached to it
- PVC pipe top and bottom of the gripper
- piece of carpet to protect the paint
- stand and grip connected by two pieces of metal with a hole in them, and knobs to tighten

1000001054.JPG

Apart from needing a piece of rubber on the "spinner" feature to create some more friction it works really well. I was very interested in portability so I could work in my living room (when my girlfriends not around).

1000000892.JPG

1000000896.JPG

Hello Hello Here is my homemade stand. I used a pipe clamp, 12" pipe and wall/floor mount, 3-2x4's,one 4x4, and 4x swivel casters.
IMG_1021.jpg

JML36 said:
Hello Hello Here is my homemade stand. I used a pipe clamp, 12" pipe and wall/floor mount, 3-2x4's,one 4x4, and 4x swivel casters.
IMG_1021.jpg

Hey. That's the one I saw that made me start the thread. Love it. Thinking of copying the clamp idea on a floor to ceiling mounted 4x4. Thanks for sharing.

K

Graylock said:
Schwinn_Predator-05.jpg

Made it with my eyes closed as I remember. Not a very good bike stand, fiesty and sometimes loud noises followed by the bike dropped.
I think I need a new stand

GL

That's Cool :lol:

Back