POSSIBLE RRB STICKER & SHIRT DESIGN

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Okay...got the green light from Martin to create shirts and decals using that awesome illustration he did for the site last year.

Anyone think they would be interested in a 3" x 4" die cut vinyl decal like this?

rrbsticker.jpg

winner winner, chicken dinner!!!

I only have one problem with it- the way the text is laid out, it reads like "rat rod" and "bikes.com" to me.
Like its a shirt for bikes.com.
Am i using my designer brain too much on this one?
ratrodbikes.com should all be together.
or
Maybe make "Bikes" in the same letterface as "rat rod" and put the .com san serif in the lower right of the circle? That woul dhelp.

Sorry Steve, i dont think you were askng for critique, but i wanted to point this out...
-tom

tomb said:
winner winner, chicken dinner!!!

I only have one problem with it- the way the text is laid out, it reads like "rat rod" and "bikes.com" to me.
Like its a shirt for bikes.com.
Am i using my designer brain too much on this one?
ratrodbikes.com should all be together.
or
Maybe make "Bikes" in the same letterface as "rat rod" and put the .com san serif in the lower right of the circle? That woul dhelp.

Sorry Steve, i dont think you were askng for critique, but i wanted to point this out...
-tom

Ha Ha....yeah, I'm sort of having to improvise a bit since his original design
didn't include the ".com" in the text. His Illustrator file is full of compound
masks and stuff and I didn't want to fiddle with stuff too much.

I'm in for stickers and T-shirts when you get em made up. I recall a recent members intro thread mentioning he worked a t-shirt/graphic arts place. He offered his services and said he could print up some shirts. Anybody remember who it was ??
I am happy with the design just like it is, has a nice Ratfink vibe :D

I agree with the Ratrodbikes .com But I will buy them any way they come. That pic reminds me of me.

I posted this when I first was inerested in these shirts.

The offer still stands unless someone has better way.

Spin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Talked to my printer.
It's cheaper than I thought. Prices are as follows:
This is for up to 4 colors
I told him design would be on back of shirt
White shirt 50/50 blend: $7.50
Black shirt: $8.50
100% cotton: $10.00
Minimum run : 12 shirts

He says no set up fee provided it won't take him forever to set up the design. I told him the design is already loaded on the PC.

If we get the green light I'd be happy to take the orders, collect the dough, and ship out the shirts. Just pay me the shipping costs.

Spin

I appreciate all of the offers for help on this.

I've got a source for shirts and stickers....just waiting for a quote.

I also plan to play with the art a little more sense...well, that's what I do for a living. :mrgreen:

Thanks again for all of the comments!

Steve,
I dunno. This is just my opinion. It's a little much. I don't let my kids wear skulls and monsters and stuff like that on their shirts. Please don't everyone hate me. I could'nt see my son wearing that shirt. I realize it is in the manner of Rat Rod so I do understand where it's coming from. Frankly it's good art in the Rat Rod style.

I would wear a picture of a guy looking more 50's Fonze type of look. Maybe with shades and the greased back hair. Oh and not green.

:oops:

jtdaddy said:
Steve,
I dunno. This is just my opinion. It's a little much. I don't let my kids wear skulls and monsters and stuff like that on their shirts. Please don't everyone hate me. I could'nt see my son wearing that shirt. I realize it is in the manner of Rat Rod so I do understand where it's coming from. Frankly it's good art in the Rat Rod style.

I would wear a picture of a guy looking more 50's Fonze type of look. Maybe with shades and the greased back hair. Oh and not green.

:oops:

I am not going to hate you for your opinion because it's as much valuable as anyone else's but if you don't like it then don't buy it. I also don't like the design myself either but if that's what the majority wants then so be it. The reason i don't like it is because of the the typography and the colors.

Back