Polly's BMX | Retro cool look

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Polly said:
Thanks guys for the feedbacks.

Got a new donor for different pieces.
IMG_7007.jpg

Pedals for sure, fork for my homemade bent and other things maybe...
I'll get some other bikes like this tomorrow... =D
That looks like a pretty nice road bike, even though you are in France, so those are probably more common there, I would use another bike as a donor.
You will also want to see if that fork well even work, if looks like you could very well have a 1 1/8 fork on the BMX, which wouldn't go well with the the 1 on the road bike. I'd try a mountain bike fork, maybe one of those "suspension corrected" ones, which will undoubtedly be 1 1/8.

Too late :lol: I cut the fork and the front of the bike for the other frame...I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Removed the seatpost to move it on the back of the bike.
IMG_7031.jpg

IMG_7032.jpg

im like the new fork on there polly. i know you said you were gonna try and bend it, if you use a conduit/pipe bender, be careful. look in the how to section at my post titled bending forks. i tried to bend one to a 90degree angle and they became horribly off centered. just a heads up. but the bikes lookin great man!

Easy E

I really like the progress of this bike! :D At first I thought you'd end up with a nice looking BMX, and that would have been all good, but now the bike is getting cooler and cooler looking for every pic you post! Nice work! :)

The forks on that racer bike will have a 1 inch steerer tube

the BMX will be 1 1/8 inch as its an Aheadset.
so the bits arent likely to fit

that looks like Mafac Racer centrepull brakes on it.
They'll be worth something on Ebay

alecw35 said:
The forks on that racer bike will have a 1 inch steerer tube

the BMX will be 1 1/8 inch as its an Aheadset.
so the bits arent likely to fit

No problem, after a little iron surgical operation it fits well ^^

IMG_7152.jpg

Gonna cut and bent the fork because the front is too hight... I'd like to move the crank place but I'll see what I could do.

Polyglotte, hein? On Custombrigade I didn't realise you swapped the steering tubes and welded that new one. Nice job. I'm amazed at how this bike's turning up. I'll look more closely at these topics now I kinda sense the way you're heading.

you might need to extend those rear dropouts too. Once you put air in those tires you might be running with zero clearance. And you'll have to get lucky with you chain length too. If It's too slack you don't have any room to move back in the dropout and if you need to go the other way you'll probably hit the frame. I could be totally wrong, but that's what it looks like from the pictures.

I I hope you nickname is Stumps McGee, cause your gonna need some tiny legs to pedal this thing.

It looks very cool either way!

Thanks for the replies.

Don't really know about the seat post for the moment, I'll see this in the right time.
Next step is the fork and then I think it'll be the saddle turn. Double transmission maybe? Moving the crank and all this?

Wait and see.

Back