Poll: Can I use this frame?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

can I use this frame?

• yes

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • no

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • wheres steve? he'll tell ya!

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
I posted in the discussion but no feed back. I cut the cantilever portion off my beach cruiser, so it looks more like a 50s Schwinn Flying star. I did this about a year ago. Can i use it today? I think this a forum for the peers to decide but ultimately it comes down to steve's decision. Let me know. I dont have pictures. THanks

Here's the deal....I've had other people ask about certain frame modifications and I had to tell them no because of rule number 3...

3. Must use factory frame....no altering of original frame structure.
(grinding off fender tabs and cutting seat tube height is okay, just no major frame design changes).

So if I want to stay consistent and not upset all of the others that I had to say no to I'd have to say no here too.

Now...do I really care if you cut off the cantilevers on the frame?.....no. Do I think that tweak is going to give you an edge over all of the other bikes, probably not.

This really all comes down to what the rule states and whether or not we want to stick to them.

It really doesn't matter if the frame was cut 1 year ago, 10 years ago, or today, It is a cut frame and IS NOT allowed in this build, there should be no discussion

I can't even use my Clone frame.....It was built in a really small factory.. :shock: Rules are rules and we all have to live by them. One good thing is you can build anything you want ...just cant enter it. :wink:

i say no only because it is modified and once steve lets one guy do it everyone should have the chance to do it. now then i had an interesting idea sort of a what if. say you built two custom frames that were identical. in reality no that is not "production" but it is not a "one of" either. sorta like old nascar or drag racing in the stock classes where a company had to make x amount of the cars to compete to call it "stock." get where this is going?

Build it and put it in the Bike Gallery.............I'll tell ya how "cool" it looks.

I think we will probably have that one as our next unofficial build off.

Seems like we start those sometime after the new year.

Rat Rod said:
Here's the deal....I've had other people ask about certain frame modifications and I had to tell them no because of rule number 3...

3. Must use factory frame....no altering of original frame structure.
(grinding off fender tabs and cutting seat tube height is okay, just no major frame design changes).

So if I want to stay consistent and not upset all of the others that I had to say no to I'd have to say no here too.

Now...do I really care if you cut off the cantilevers on the frame?.....no. Do I think that tweak is going to give you an edge over all of the other bikes, probably not.

This really all comes down to what the rule states and whether or not we want to stick to them.
Got it! I will just drop from the build, it will just be too cool of a bike to not continue to build. Thanks for inputs! Good luck with everyone's builds!

I see no difference between this and last year's WINNER cutting off his rear dropouts
3.gif

Latest posts

Back