Polished Not Painted ... finished pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
after the big buildoff and my last couple builds before that, I was tired of painting, so I decided to do an "anti-paint" build.

I was also tired of posting so this will just be catch up pics.. :roll:

the start
DSC03814.jpg

the strip
IMG_20110808_162650.jpg

IMG_20110809_091234.jpg

shiny stuff

IMG_20110811_184831.jpg

IMG_20110811_184806.jpg

IMG_20110811_184704.jpg

IMG_20110811_191540.jpg

secret weapon... :mrgreen:

IMG_20110811_191521.jpg

Re: Polished Not Painted

Con-Tiki! said:
is that a Liga?
I dig them alot, your's would be the second I've seen anywhere.

I wish!!

Its a Daimler-Puch sold through sears in the mid 60's. :roll:

scrumblero said:
Con-Tiki! said:
is that a Liga?
I dig them alot, your's would be the second I've seen anywhere.

I wish!!

Its a Daimler-Puch sold through sears in the mid 60's. :roll:
ah... it looks to have the same hubs and giant wing-nuts. Very unusual components, those German bikes.
with all the lugs, that frame is going to be beautiful w/o paint

Rat Rod said:
Looking awesome....love the raw steel look. :wink:
HEY RAT ROD I NEVER SEE YA ON ANY OF MY POST !! WHAT GIVES?!? :? :mrgreen: NICE BIKE BY THE WAY. I LIKE THAT ANTI-COLOR LOOK. :shock: MIGHT JUST HAVE TO STEAL THAT :mrgreen: SO GET TA BUILDIN' YA CWAZY WRATTER!! PEACE

This build is looking great. Love the raw steel too and the bike, not something you see every day.

thanks guys! I topped it off with a liitle old scool Italian pleather and its on the road! :mrgreen:

DSC03881.jpg

DSC03880.jpg

still gotta find that other cable clip and get some real pics in the morning when I get back from the flea market.

scrumblero said:
went out collecting goats heads after lunch :x figured I'd snap a couple pics on my walk home..

That looks great. It is getting that time of year for the goatheads to really make their presence known.

cman said:
scrumblero said:
went out collecting goats heads after lunch :x figured I'd snap a couple pics on my walk home..

That looks great. It is getting that time of year for the goatheads to really make their presence known.

ya man, they are bad this year, I have gotten 4 flats on 3 different bikes in the last week...

thanks man! the guy that bought it is the photographer that did the pictures of my build off bike, he's a friend of the neighbors and was visiting when he saw me riding it around and wanted it. He also tossed in 2 cases of Newcastle on top of my asking price so I guess he was happy!!! :lol:

Back