please tell me im not the first one this has happened too!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Someone called the department of environmental protection on me for spray painting a bicycle frame outside my shop!!! really?????

I live in a small town but a while back there was a group of "people concerned about out enviornment". The main pot stirrer drug up a map of "known locations of hazardous materials" and got everybody riled up saying it was the cause of health problems in children and the cause for so many people getting cancer in town. They buzzed about all sorts of petitions and motions to address this outrageous situation in our small town. If you actually looked at the map and saw the address of the website it came from and followed it you found out that it was places of business that were registered with the state to handle and dispose of hazardous material like body shops and quick lubes, not random deposits of toxic radioactive waste found bubbling up out of the ground across the town like they believed :lol:

They had steel mills for ages in PA. A spraybomb should be nothing compared to smokestacks. I guess the Amish couldn't have called you in...I thought Cali was the paint Nazi state but I think even there you can spraybomb something within a certain size limit.

the DEP came here with badges...hahaha i thought they were gonna quarantine the shop like E.T. BUT GET THIS....THEY SAID IF I WAS NOT A BUSINESS AND I WAS JUST DOING IT IN MY BACK YARD..THEY WOULD NOT HAVE BOTHERED! go figure...i asked if the were for real they said they were not joking...o well i still think its funny!

People are just nuts, I know some real good junk yards that had great restorable cars yet idiots complain then all of those nice and even rare cars got scrapped even though they were good clean yards.

Wow, I would feel important if they sent people with badges down there :lol: I would of told them it was for personal use and it was my day off :mrgreen:

Black Crown Tattoo said:
BUT GET THIS....THEY SAID IF I WAS NOT A BUSINESS AND I WAS JUST DOING IT IN MY BACK YARD..THEY WOULD NOT HAVE BOTHERED! go figure...i asked if the were for real they said they were not joking...o well i still think its funny!

but painting isn't your business is it? isn't it a tattoo shop? what difference does it make if you paint a random project there or in your backyard?

too bad you don't live next door to your shop (or do you?). you could hang the frame right on the property line and let them try to figure out weather your breaking the law or not.

Man if they only knew about " :wink: this one guy in Indiana that is NOT me :wink: ", He has spray-bombed 100's of bikes, at least 5 cars, few motorcycles, lawn mowers, go carts, golf carts, ATV's, dirt bikes, 100's of mopeds, and who knows what else in his back yard.

Also here in Indiana there are NO emission testing on cars at all....I have seen cars around here that have black clouds that follow them... :lol:

hasent happened to me. . yet. got the code enforcement dude telling us how we had to have a permit (yeah) to paint a truck at our house. it wasnt real pretty cause i wasnt in a good mood, but long story short i got his permit.

outskirtscustoms said:
Man if they only knew about " :wink: this one guy in Indiana that is NOT me :wink: ", He has spray-bombed 100's of bikes, at least 5 cars, few motorcycles, lawn mowers, go carts, golf carts, ATV's, dirt bikes, 100's of mopeds, and who knows what else in his back yard.

Also here in Indiana there are NO emission testing on cars at all....I have seen cars around here that have black clouds that follow them... :lol:

:idea: $$$$$!!!

"...hello? ....turn in a painter? what will you give me for info on a guy painting up a storm and... what? ... oh, turn in a pusher... so no money huh?..."

you're safe man.

Philphine said:
outskirtscustoms said:

:idea: $$$$$!!!

"...hello? ....turn in a painter? what will you give me for info on a guy painting up a storm and... what? ... oh, turn in a pusher... so no money huh?..."

you're safe man.

:lol:

around here im lucky....my neighbors dont really sweat me priming/painting(i do have enough common courtesy to let them know when i am to move the cars into the garage or up the block so they dont get overspray all over them :wink: they did wonder about all the "glitter" around the neighborhood awhile back though :lol: ) that inda funny they called air quality on you for a rattle can job at work....im sure they have all done the same at one point or another! maybe they just dont want "your kind"* around scaring off the customers?

*i do not subscribe to this point of view since i have been "one of those kind" for almost as long as ive been alive but you know how sheeple are.*

Latest posts

Back