PLEASE ID THIS FRAME

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is my cousins bike. his dad gave it to him
its at my house because im going to sandblast it tomorrow so he can get it powder coated
anybody know what kind of bike this is?
there is a serial number on the head tube
its a 26" frame
no holes on the head tube to mount a badge

theres tons of knowledgeable people here so i thought ide ask

20120305_191630.jpg

i thought it would be a murry, a higgins flightliner its very similar but its slightly different. the two holes on the pointy drop outs and the top tubes overlap the down tube.

thanks for your help, ive checked out this site and google

i wonder what this freakin frame is

Murray built for sure. If the S/N is on the head tube I believe that puts it late 70s or early 80s. I could have worn many brands since Murray was a major supplier of bikes for stores to put their name on- Western Flyer, Sears, Flying O, or many others. That era was using decals for head badges (no rivet holes) so if it is under the paint you may find it. Post the serial number and anything else stamped into the frame, some of our elite brethren have a secret book to decode the numbers to a specific store. There may be clues under the paint on the chain guard if you have it.

sandblasted the frame today. it uncovered another set of numbers on the opposite side of the head tub

M08 005032

so its a 1968 Murray

now to figure out the model

im getting closer

im pretty sure thats what it is

thanks everyone for your help

i sandblasted it and gave it back to my cousin and let him know what i found out from here

when he got it there was a schwinn head badge on it......HA!

Latest posts

Back