Please Help Me Identify My Bikes.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have two vintage bikes that I need help with, I have tried finding ones like them but I have had no luck. :/
First I have a Monark (26") that is missing a few details, I want to fix it up but I am not sure exactly what kind it is . What I know about it is it came with a old all white seat but I had to replace it with a new one (once I know what bike this is I can buy the right seat for it). That is about all I know. lol
There is 4 numbers under the frame but I can only make out the last two, which is --75.
DSCF4561.jpg

DSCF4562.jpg

DSCF4563.jpg

DSCF4571.jpg

I also have a unknown vintage bike that I found in a barn a few years ago. I have looked everywhere and asked a ton of people but I cannot find out what it is! Hopefully you all can help me out.
I am not even sure if all the parts on it belong to the same bike. It has no labels or writing at all. It is just blue with white pin striping on the tire guards. I also think it is a young girls bike. It's tire covers do not match the one on my Monark and the Monark is a 26", so I am guessing the unknown bike is like a 24".
There is a number on the underside of the frame, it says 6082013.
I will try to answering anyone's questions as best I can. Hopefully someone can tell me something about it. :)
DSCF4564.jpg

DSCF4565.jpg

DSCF4566.jpg

DSCF4567.jpg

DSCF4569.jpg

Thanks! I actually was thinking it looked a little like a Hiawatha. Hopefully I can find out what model it is so I can fix it up. :)

Mine Says American Flyer. Before pictures, someday there will be after pictures. Not sure if the bars were stock or not.

DSCN0652.jpg

DSCN0651.jpg

At first the first one looked a little like a ross... srry dude. not sure

So, just some added info, I checked the number near the rear wheels on the frame of the Monark and it reads: a tiny 4, space, then 111000. Mean anything?

KJV said:
Aluyasha said:
So, just some added info, I checked the number near the rear wheels on the frame of the Monark and it reads: a tiny 4, space, then 111000. Mean anything?
I thought when Huffy bought Monark the sn's had H in them?

aka_locojoe said:
One I had many years ago. I think I chopped it up to make a swing bike or something. I can't recall what's original and what's not.

monark.jpg
Mine looks just like that but mine came with a silver tire guard on the front tire. :)
What year was yours?

Another question. I want to get tires for my Ross or whatever it is so I can eventually ride it. I need to buy the whole tire setup (rims, tubing, tread). What type of tire do I buy? Is it called balloon tires? I thought I heard cruiser bike tires being called that. :)

Also how do I tell what size tires to buy?

I would like to buy some parts for the Monark to kind of complete it. I know I would need to buy a rear chrome fender but is there anything else? Like a light or one of those newspaper things on over the back tire? (do not know what it is called. lol)

looks like one I picked up last summer it is a Coast King Star Jet
I would guess they are both the same judging by the chain rings, chain guard, twin top tube frame and supports running between the top tubes and down tube, fenders also have same striping, rear drop outs are the same as well. hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back