Please help identify this bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought this bike at a local bike swap and would appreciate any help I can get in order to find out the year/manufacturer so I can start looking for original accessories for it (i.e. saddle, pedals, etc.). The seller said it had rotted out wooden rims when he aquired it, and put these metal rims in order to sell it.

Bicycle-1.jpg

Obviously the seat, wheels, and tires are not original

Bicycle-2.jpg

Close up to show original two-tone paint

Bicycle-3.jpg

Skiptooth sprocket and since I'm unsure of who made the bike I don't know if this is original

Bicycle-4.jpg

The serial number below the crank H10666

Thanks in advance for your help! :D

-Red

The teeth on your front sprocket are hitting the chain in the wrong slots. Loosen chain, move chain on sprocket one notch, tighten chain.

The crank is straight on the right side and not dog-legged. That means your bike probably never had a chain guard. Gary

deorman said:
AAAAGH, THE DEVIL'S BIKE!!! :lol: Can't say what it is, but I would say the handle bar also came off something considerably newer. :|

Awesome! Thanks for the info. I will continue the search...

B607 said:
The teeth on your front sprocket are hitting the chain in the wrong slots. Loosen chain, move chain on sprocket one notch, tighten chain.

The crank is straight on the right side and not dog-legged. That means your bike probably never had a chain guard. Gary

Thanks Gary! Adjusting the chain was actually the first thing I did to it. Thanks for replying. And the search continues...

It could be a Westfield/Columbia, if the second frame tube is flared where it meets the seat tube. If so, it's older than 1933, which the serial would've started with "L". -Adam

Back