Please help I.D. this motorized bicycle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know where this bike is and currently about 20 miles from it so i cant get more pictures till all this snow stops and i go pick it up. The motor is a one hp clinton and from what it looks like it came that way judging the throttle set up that is built into the handle bars
1394934_3594627841412_1254191818_n.jpg

any help at all would be great because i am new to the page and new to the old bike world and in turn have nooo idea what i am doing. thank you

Last edited:
Very cool bike. Looks to be a Monark from the front fork. But has been modified to fit that motor.. Tank is custom too.

Buy It!!

Hard to say. Kind of looks like somebody made a Flying Merkel tribute. It's hard to tell if the frame was fabricated from a standard bicycle. It looks too long and the downtube would be shaped differently if it was originally going to a bottom bracket (I know these things can be done). Frame doesn't look Monark though. Fork does appear to be prewar Monark.

Very cool bike. Looks to be a Monark from the front fork. But has been modified to fit that motor.. Tank is custom too.

Buy It!!
I plan on buying it I love everything about it even down to the Goodyear white walls

Hard to say. Kind of looks like somebody made a Flying Merkel tribute. It's hard to tell if the frame was fabricated from a standard bicycle. It looks too long and the downtube would be shaped differently if it was originally going to a bottom bracket (I know these things can be done). Frame doesn't look Monark though. Fork does appear to be prewar Monark.
Cool thanks for your help

hopefully the rest of the drivetrain is there... looks like a pretty cool home made rig. Looking forward to more pics, I have a 2hp Clinton I'd like to put into a frame
I comes with a spare motor and my friend is a big Clinton nut and collector so he is going to get the motor running real good and I am leaving every thing as is maybe new tires but I will keep the old Goodyear white walls to have around if I ever just want to hang it up and retire the bike

Last edited:
As stated, Monark fork for sure. In my opinion the frame might have started as a bicycle,but was HEAVILY modified. I see the frame looks like its lugged by the head tube. maybe someone just cut off the front end of a Monark and made the rest...Regardless,that thing is rad. Buy it and have fun with it!
-Kreep-

As stated, Monark fork for sure. In my opinion the frame might have started as a bicycle,but was HEAVILY modified. I see the frame looks like its lugged by the head tube. maybe someone just cut off the front end of a Monark and made the rest...Regardless,that thing is rad. Buy it and have fun with it!
-Kreep-
When I get it I will post a lot more pictures but sadly that will probly not be till April

That is a very cool example of a vintage homebuilt motor bicycle. I wouldn't change a thing, just throw some fresh tires and some coke bottle grips and you'll have a winner. It's already got the rat rod black with red rims, and patina to top it off.

Where do you put your feet? Those tiny pegs close to the meat grinder, er sprocket and chain? Needs serious guarding before anyone rides it...
It has all the motor covers but the chain would mess you up big time

-Kreep-
I have been looking and I found a picture and the bars look like a monark coronet. I think. Finding more 1 part at a time

Latest posts

Back