Pitina Panther

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up this schwinn panther from and antiques store in town for 20 Bucks! :mrgreen:
Heres some of the mock up...
schwinnpanthermockup.jpg

Since tthe panther is a tank bike and its my first actual bicycle that holds a tank i REALLY want the tank, some assistance please? 8)

What makes it even nicer is being able to buy a classic for a mere $20 :D ...that never happens around here.

sleepy said:
What makes it even nicer is being able to buy a classic for a mere $20 :D ...that never happens around here.
thats what my mother doesnt understand why i would buy a bike that rusty, its original and its a panther 8)

for some extra patina in some areas i went at it with paint as if an 8 year old would :lol: i did it realy messy and with no patients what so ever first i sprayed some windex on the fenders and sprayed burgandy paint ontop of that, than hit that with steel wool and a wire brush.. then (heres where the fun came in) flamthrowerd it with the spray paint and let it burn a bit and last i sprayed it with some water/vingear and threw salt all over it, i put some pictures up tommorow :mrgreen:

I always enjoy seeing how people prop up their wheel-less bikes! Nice!

the whole reason this is patina right now is because i dont want to put so much effort into getting that rust out.. but it actualy wont be a difficult task, so i think this is going to a custom 8)

Back