Pictures of my Schwinn Typhoon just added.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks awesome!

Did you cut down a set of moon bars?

That's a cool seat too...had the exact same one on my Flying Star.

Misfit43 said:
Very nice. What did you use for the light mount? - or where'd ya get it? I need to make or find a mount/bracket like that.

Thanks.

Mike,

I got it like that from a local bike store who sells old parts. It's a curved mount that encircles the steertube then the top knot locks down over it. I'm sure you can make something similar, or if you have a bike shop that has old parts, I'm sure you could dig around for one. Thanks my friend

Rat Rod said:
Looks awesome!

Did you cut down a set of moon bars?

That's a cool seat too...had the exact same one on my Flying Star.

I got the bars at the same place I got my light. I was going to use the stock schwinn bars but this place called working bikes literally has bins and bins of parts. I completed my build thanks to these guys. But anyways...I was doing some searching and I found these. They were exactly what I was looking for. I wanted a nice circular arc and nothing too long, and these were chopped and came with the grips. For a few bucks, I was sold!

Very cool finds!!!
What about Samson for the AMF....ya know, Samson and Delilah :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thanks guys! I've had these bikes for awhile, I think Adapt ressurected this thread :) Samson is a great name for the green bike actually :D

BUT, I am parting the black bike out infact to work on other projects that have proven to be a bit more interesting. I am selling just the frame/fork with headset, overhauled crankset with no refelctor bow-pedals, mag sprocket, original fenders and chainguard. I will be posting it in the classifieds pretty soon so keep your eyes :shock: .

Back